2004 Subaru Forester Consumer Review: Just what I was looking for...

2004 Subaru Forester - Consumer Review

X Wagon (2.5L 4-cyl. AWD 5-speed Manual)

Just what I was looking for...
By brian on

2004 Subaru Forester X AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I do not give this vehicle 10s across the board, but I give it a 10 in what I was looking for. It is not fast. It produces lots of wind noise. It doesn't corner particularly well. It does provide amazing versatility, functional all-wheel drive, and plenty of room for storage. I am an outdoorsy type. I take this vehicle camping, hunting, fishing, biking, and for long distance traveling. I have driven this through sand, mud and water. I accidentally went through an innocuous looking puddle that came up over the hood, and the Forester pulled right through. Am very happy with the Forester and will drive it until the wheels fall off, or I do, whichever comes first.

Interior design, all wheel drive, factory roof racks, audio system, heated seats, HUGE sun-roof, so secure it feels like you are inside an '84 Sedan DeVille.

Too much wind noise, needs more power, continuous power outlet even when ignition is off.