2005 Nissan Sentra Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sentra model:
Decent Ride - Could Be Better
By -cdt- on 06/16/05 13:57 PM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Sentra Sedan 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Overall, a decent car. That's not to say that it can't use some upgrades that would make it Excellent! Coming from a Jetta, there a few things that I miss - Day Time Running Lights, automatic locking doors, comfortable interior.

Love my New Car
By Randi on 06/15/05 10:29 AM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Sentra Sedan 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I just bought my 2005 Sentra the day after Memorial Day. So far I love it. I have the 1.8s Special Edition. The stereo is great and the ride is very nice. However, I do have two children and would not recommend it for long trips. The space in the back is very cramped. My only other complaint would be the placement of the cup holders in the front of the car. Other than that I am impressed by everything else.

Ignore the cup holders.
By A Bryden on 06/14/05 13:32 PM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Sentra Sedan 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I bought my Sentra after owning a feisty '99 Cougar. Let's just say that this is a welcome change. I decided on the Sentra because of the superior gas mileage, and after test driving the Civic and Corolla, I decided this was the best buy for my taste, as well as having the most horsepower out of the three base models. I have had only one problem with mine so far; one of the belts came off because a bolt was not tight enough. However, it was easy to fix. I have the 1.8 S Special Edition, which comes with a Rockford Fosgate soundsystem (and subwoofer). I love it; probably my favorite feature on the car. This car is very reliable and wonderful on the highway.

I like it my car but I don't love it
By Melissa on 06/12/05 19:04 PM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Sentra Sedan 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I like my 2005 Nissan Sentra but I don't love it and will more than likely be trading it in for something with MUCH more power. The only thing I don't like about my car is how when I go to accelerate there is a brief hesitation and the car jerks before it will take off. Everything is just perfect for a single person is who usually driving solo on most days.

My first Nissan
By Brad on 06/06/05 13:01 PM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Sentra Sedan 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Although a little slow on the uptake, once the sentra is moving, boy does it move! Some friends and I took mine to Florida right after i got it and i didnt hear one complaint about small back seat or anyone being uncomfortable and my friends are honest with me. This is a wonderful new Sentra and i hope its just the beginning of new things to come! Seems to me like they are raising it up like that altima which is far superior to me than the maxima.

I LOVE MY NISSAN
By christina on 05/27/05 11:25 AM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Sentra Sedan 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I love the way my sentra handles. I drive 45 miles to get to work and I LOVE driving it. I am a college student, and I work part-time, and this car is perfect for me. I get great gas mileage. I think it is quite roomy for a compact, and it is comfortable for me to drive. I think for someone whom is 6 feet tall, it may not work as well as it does for me, but regardless I love my sentra!!!!

My new Nissan
By Cindy on 05/24/05 12:12 PM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Sentra Sedan 1.8 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

My husband bought this car for me for Mother's Day. I really like this car but I do not love it yet. (I am used to driving a full sized sedan) It is great on gas and easy to drive (although I would have preferred a 5 speed)The biggest complaint I guess I have is that the backseat is rather small. It is great for the small kids but adults or older kids would be very cramped. I would not want to drive it on a long trip with the kids. Overall it is a great car for running errands on and driving around town.

So Far So Good
By MiniMeUT2004 on 05/02/05 21:08 PM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Sentra Sedan 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I have only had this car 1 month,but I can say that it's been great so far.I drive 125 miles a day to work and back in sometimes horrible traffic and weather,and I don't feel fatigued to badly.2-3hrs to get home sometimes(Seattle Washington area).I'm getting about 34 mpg and one time it read 40.4 mpg!This is with rush hour traffic.I love the interior,the seats hold you in well,and the stereo cranks,but needs more treble.And this car is solid feeling,and it's quiet inside.Can't believe it's an economy car.

Excellent car for the money
By Aaj on 04/19/05 22:43 PM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Sentra Sedan 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

This car is an excellent value for the money! In special edition form it becomes even greater. The ride is supple and smooth. The styling is great for an economy sedan. Overall a very good car by an excellent car company.

Good Bang for the Buck
By A.S. on 04/19/05 02:06 AM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Sentra Sedan 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

This Sentra was a pleasant surprise. Tne car is clean, crisp, and sharp. It is very spacious in the front and in the truck, but a little cramped in the back seat...although, this was suspected--it IS a compact car. I found it an extremely great deal, and very reliable.