2004 Nissan Sentra - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sentra model:
No more nissans for me!
By GruchMasta on 06/12/09 09:05 AM (PDT)

2004 Nissan Sentra 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

this is my hmmm 4th and last nissan - i owned models from 1989 - all sentras - and this one - 2004 -it is driving disaster - everything brakes in it - at 40k-belts - at 55k-water pump - at 35k !!!-clock spring for horn and airbag ! when i research it is on almost half of nissan production -maybe it is time for recall ???- at 65k-charcoal filter release valve ?!?!-fuel were shooting out of the gas tank and rpms were high , now the check engine is on - one of the 02 sensors -i guess..... you dont know what may be tomorrow !!! thankfully didnt stop dead on the road yet but you dont know what will happen in the future ,oh and the paint is so cheap - about 1 year later started to fade...junk !

What a disappointment
By Mark Moreno on 06/04/09 17:36 PM (PDT)

2004 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

Why was this car my first ever lemon I've ever owned. Let me just say I had to replace the front left bearing 4 times. Thats right 4 times and Nissan treated me like a you know what. Lets just say the regional manager says she called me 3 times and never did. Be careful buying this cars. You need to fuel the car with 91 octane or better. There is no 40/60 split. The tail rattles after taking the abuse of the NYC streets. Do not replace the tranny fluid. I had to replace the tranny. When everything was working properly, the car was amazing to drive, great performance drives amazing for a FWD car. I will miss the 6-speed tranny. Watch out for Nissans customer service, its bad.

This car is junk ! ! !
By 04 SPEC-V on 06/02/09 05:13 AM (PDT)

2004 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

I bought a 04 SPEC-V with only 4,000 miles on it. It has all options except the stereo system upgrade. It was practically brand new. At about 20,000 miles the front struts went out. At 30,000 the rear struts needed to be replaced. At 48,000 the front struts needed to be replaced AGAIN. The build quality of this car is horrible. Mine came with the Brembo brakes. What the hell is NISSAN thinking Brembo brakes but no ABS. They are completely useless in snow or rain. Even cheap cars like KIA offer you ABS. Transmission doesn't always shift properly into reverse. The summer tires it came with do not last. I wish i never bought this car. I'm very disappointed.

Disappointed
By SE-R Spec V on 02/01/09 23:33 PM (PST)

2004 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

I bought a used 04 SE-R Spec V with only 4,000 miles on it. i'm very disappointed with it. The fuel mileage is average. The first gear is too short and sometimes it is a pain to put it in reverse. The ride is too harsh over little bumps and the suspension is bad. I had front struts replaced after 20K miles and rear twice at 25K and 57K miles. Many little irritating problems like the emergency brake light refuses to go off, it comes with stock summer only tires, factory speakers not that great, no ABS on a car at this price point is ridiculous. Even KIA offers ABS on their much cheaper models.

04 nissan sentra
By Christina on 11/14/08 11:52 AM (PST)

2004 Nissan Sentra 1.8 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased this car trying to save a little money. Well little did I know it would be no money saver. Common problems I have found are the cd gets stuck and wont come out-makes a clicking noise. I suppose I will have to have that replaced. In addition, I have problems starting the car. Check engine light comes on randomly. Have had sensors replaced. Have only had it for a month. First time Nissan owner and last.

the b man
By The B Man on 10/19/08 17:31 PM (PDT)

2004 Nissan Sentra 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

My Sentra now has 64k miles and the only problem I've ever had was the seat material that ripped 4 times and I has it replaced under Nissan's warranty. The back seat is so tight that you should consider offering someone a ride back there. The 30 MPG on the highway is great and it works great for me, since I just use this car on my daily commute. Cheap and reliable transportation.

Not a terrible car
By herb45 on 09/29/08 18:26 PM (PDT)

2004 Nissan Sentra 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I already have a new car, but started a new job and drive 43 miles one way. So I bought a 2004 Sentra with 55,800 miles on it to keep the miles off the new one and thought it would be a great car. Well, the mileage is great, 25 mpg city/37 mpg hwy. Great for an automatic. I have had to have quite a few things replaced, as it was a repo. I only paid 5400 for the car, but have had to replace gas tank seal, alternator belt/pulley, crankshaft & camshaft sensors, and had to order dye for the carpet & upholstery (special order), as I am trying to make the car look as nice as possible. I just hope I won't have to replace anything for a while. I did manage to drive about 2000 miles before the sensors were replaced.

Love it so far
By Jewey on 09/27/08 21:01 PM (PDT)

2004 Nissan Sentra 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Well worth the money. Very strong 4 cyl. Bought mine used and am very satisfied. Replaced battery and a tire, that's it. Great gas mileage.

Fun to drive, not to own
By Not Worth trouble on 08/01/08 16:22 PM (PDT)

2004 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

I'm usually a Honda consumer, but due to their expensive prices I tried to experiment a little and bought this car because it was recommended to me by a family member. However, I have to tell you guys that this thing has been a pain to own. It is fun to drive, but it has had recalls on catalytic converter, ecu and crank angle sensor. The dealer has also given me a hard time about these recalls. This car also makes the most annoying ticking sound after turning it off. I ended up trading it In for a Honda civic Si. Do it right the first time and stay away from Nissan.

Nice Ride
By Mark on 07/30/08 18:20 PM (PDT)

2004 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

What can I say, it's a nice ride. I live in NYC and I commute about 100 miles a day and this car is great on the highway but not so much on fuel. Little disappointed there. Fun to drive on the highway, not so much on the NYC streets. The potholes are a killer. No time to enjoy the ride. Too much shifting only to slam on the brakes for red lights and taxi cabs. Takes a little time to warm up. I love the shifting but can be hard at times. Great to drive in the mountains. Stiff ride in the city streets and sometimes to highway. Girlfriend complains of the stiff ride but I don't mind. Look for a car that gets better gas mileage. Look at the SE 2.0 liter. Better ride and gas mileage.