2004 Nissan Sentra - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sentra model:
Sorry, not a believer
By RNMorton on 10/23/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

Kick-ass acceleration and solid handling with some wonky oversteer at the limits. But I think the bad news outweighs the good. A chintzy interior - in a $20,000 car I had to tape padding to the hard plastique armrests. Generally cheap feel. And just terrible gas mileage for a four in a light sedan. At 17 or 18 mpg around town I for one would trade some zip for more mileage. With the small gas tank and a nervous computer the car can be begging for gas in less than 200 miles, way too often for me.

2004 Nissan Sentra
By SteamNYC on 10/22/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Nissan Sentra 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I bought the 2004 Nissan Sentra with the Road Trip package (leather steering wheel, 7-speaker stereo system and cruise control) because I also have a 1992 Nissan Sentra sedan that has been the best car since it was new. The 2004 Sentra drives heavier (a big plus) because it has larger tires and weighs more. Handling is tight and responsive, and the engine is very peppy. Overall quality is excellent and I am very happy with this purchase.

I only buy sentras!
By TheLittLady on 10/19/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Nissan Sentra 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I have always loved the nissan sentra. This is my third sentra. My sentra is a member family. I like the new longer front, the styling adds an elegance to the car. Great milage and excellent CD sound.

In Love
By AnglnDsgise on 10/17/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Nissan Sentra SE-R 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

My first Nissan was a 1992 Sentra (XE) and it lasted me a good 11 years so its no surprise that when it finally said enough is enough and laid down to rest, that my next choice would definately be another Nissan. I finally decided on another Sentra (after looking at the Altima) with the additional safety features ABS and side air bags - AND the upgraded sound system. This car is GREAT and I absolutely LOVE IT.

GOOD CAR
By RAYDAL on 10/13/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Nissan Sentra 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

EVERYTHING IS WHAT I EXPECTED I ADDED A SLOILER AND BRA TO DRESS THE CAR UP A BIT

Too bad it's not American
By mottis54 on 10/06/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Nissan Sentra 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

While looking for a new car I knew that I wanted something that would move when I wanted it to. After looking for countless hours of searching through all of the auto makers in the +/-$15K range it came down to the final three. The Honda Civic was a front runner. I was impressed with the handling Honda boasts, however I see so many Civic's on the road I want to barf. The Nissan Sentra took the prize at the end. From the moment I drove the car I knew it was a 4 cylonder engine, but with the soul of a V6. I am not one for racing at every stop light, but I do enjoy driving a car with good preformance and handling and the Sentra does that well.

Agreed. Sleeper!
By So far so good on 10/01/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Nissan Sentra 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

Nice to research this car and not find many reviews. Altima and Maxima are hogging all the attention. Fortunately, for small wallet buyers like myself, Sentra provides a viable alternative to the high-priced lines. Sensors are my concern, only suggestion to get warranty above the basic powertrain if keeping the car more than four or five years.

This Car is well worth it.
By metropolis32221 on 09/27/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

The car is very good in 99% of all the areas. I had never even considered a Nissan because of past ones that I have seen or ridden in. I was looking for a Sport Compact and decided to stop into my local Nissan dealership just out of curiousity. I looked at the Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V and immediately started to like what I saw. I then proceeded to take it on a test drive, and I was completely sold. It is extremely fun to drive and has alot of potential for sport compact enthusiasts and aftermarket products.

Excellent Car
By PoliceHummer on 09/27/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Nissan Sentra SE-R 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

If you like a car that hugs the road and a car that turns with no problem and is a lighter wieght car then the Nissan Sentra SE-R is a excellent car and you don't have to go by my word but go to your local Nissan Dealership and ask them if you can test drive the Nissan Sentra SE-R. If you want to E- Mail please send it to PoliceHummer@aol.com.

Best value
By Wyrmfang on 09/27/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Nissan Sentra 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

This car has very good engine performance, although the mileage is not spectacular. The tilt steering is a joke; I am 6'2", and I have to push the seat all the way back to drive; not much legroom up front. Seats are comfortable, the sound system is good; the steering could use improvement at highway speeds (seems like an effort to steer straight; could be the Bridgstone tires). Excellent standard equipment for the price (ABS, 4 wheel disc brake, front and side airbags). Great all around car.