Used 2004 Nissan Sentra Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Nissan Sentra - Consumer Reviews

2004 Nissan Sentra Sedan

View reviews for a specific Sentra model:

let down
By chris190w

2004 Nissan Sentra Sedan 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I owned a 1994 Sentra, drove it 10 years, great car. Bought a new 2004 Sentra1.8s. The quality has decreased in this model compared to my old Sentra. I've had to add power steering fluid since it was new and after switching from defrost to vent the AC stays on. Dealership is replacing part for power steering problem and they say Nissan is aware of the AC problem and haven't come up with a solution yet. In the meantime I am burning extra fuel. the AC will cut off after restarting the engine. I expected a little more fuel mileage but I am happy with the power and automatic transmission.

Favorite Features

CD/Stero system. Large trunk. Console arrangement.

Sentra..One Solid little car
By Dunlopboy

2004 Nissan Sentra Sedan 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Just bought the car on 9/18/04 and got a super deal. I checked out the Civic and Corolla. What is all the hype about the Civic and Corolla? Yes, they are both great reliable cars but so is the Sentra. Why does the Sentra always get the "bum" reviews. I read that Consumer Report does not "Recommend" the Sentra because it is below average in reliability. I find that very hard to believe. Where are they getting this information? A couple of my friends have Sentra's with nearly 100,000 miles on them and they have had little or no problems with them. The build quality on my Sentra is top notch, comparable to that of a Civic if possibly not better.

Favorite Features

Smooth shifting transmission, refined engine. Steering is precise and responsive. I love the sound my car makes when you shut the door and you get a solid "thug", without any raddles or squeaks. If you are considering the Corolla or Civic be sure to check out the Sentra.

Suggested Improvements

I really can't think of any. It is an Excellent little car and I mean that in every aspect.

great car for the price
By willhopeland

2004 Nissan Sentra Sedan 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

This sentra 1.8S AT is great for the price. The front view is good but the rear needs some improvement. Anyway, I am happy with it so far. This is the best car you can buy with this amount of money. (even cheaper than Hyundai Elantra) Don't understand why so many people are so overcritical to it. What you expect with this price? A BWM?

Favorite Features

Price, front view, remote, power w/l, speaker

Suggested Improvements

MPG is not as great as advertised. 26 for local in my case. rear lights can learn from altima.

2004 Nissan Sentra
By George White

2004 Nissan Sentra Sedan 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Getting between 33-34 mpg. Responsive steering and engine power and it rides smooth even at 90 mph.

Favorite Features

Great gas mileage and acceleration

Suggested Improvements

The arm rest needs to be higher and the visors need a built in extension to block out the sun. The cover over the spare tire in the trunk is cheap (mine has broken already)and it cannot support much weight.

So good so far
By surfburger

2004 Nissan Sentra Sedan 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Was looking for a newer car with good gas mileage. Choose the Sentra beacuse we have had several Nisson cars, one a '92 Stanza, that have been reliable. Average mileage so far (5550 miles) has been near 35 on long trips, including with A/C going.

Favorite Features

Great paint job. enjoyable ride.

Suggested Improvements

Would like to see the 1.8 upped to a 2k. Tried to get a 2.5 model, but hard to come by.