2002 Nissan Sentra - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sentra model:
Automatics should never stall
By Shelby on 10/28/05 18:48 PM (PDT)

2002 Nissan Sentra GXE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

My parents got me this care when i learned how to drive, it was a rentl before and had 30,000 miles on it. Within 6 months the car started to die on me when i would be sitting at a light. I have taken it to the dealership more than 6 times in the past 6 months and they never seem to fix it. The car will be ok for a while and then start stalling again and its an automatic! Its a total Lemon and i absolutly hate it!

Great car
By rdeneen on 09/07/05 15:59 PM (PDT)

2002 Nissan Sentra GXE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I've put 18000 miles per year on my 2002 and have had NO problems. Replaced the breaks and put new tires on it...that's it besides oil changes. Great, reliable vehicle with plenty of zip.

Love my '02 Sentra
By Paul on 06/16/05 18:05 PM (PDT)

2002 Nissan Sentra GXE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I love this car! We've had this car for a year and a half and have put 35,000 miles on it and we couldn't be happier. It runs like a top, it is a charm to drive. It is my third Nissan, and I won't be shopping anywhere else from now on!

Solid dependable car
By David Bustamante on 06/13/05 19:55 PM (PDT)

2002 Nissan Sentra GXE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

This version of the Sentra combines nimble handling, quiet ride, plush interior, and great gas mileage. Zero mechanical problems in 20 months of driving. The improved engine is problem-free and provides plenty of power.

A good bet
By Jenny Bee on 06/02/05 21:43 PM (PDT)

2002 Nissan Sentra GXE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car in Jan. 2003, and it was a former rental. I was going from an '88 Honda civic to this one, so I was pretty impressed. It's a good looking car. A bit small, but my family of four fits just fine. A few things broke: front pwr. windows wont roll, AC works only on high. I am bummed, but still happy with my choice.

Enjoyable entry sporty sedan
By bigb996 on 05/24/05 21:15 PM (PDT)

2002 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

I purchased this car and right away started modding it. I put on all the bolt ons and really noticed a promising gain. The header itself gained 12whp and 11ft/tq. Torque is definatly not a problem in this car. The interior and exterior fit pretty well and you have 4drs+ a trunk for practicallity. They say the suspension is great however i have aftermarket and still am experiencing a lot of body roll. The performance is good but a little more hp couldnt hurt. I dont really see a need for a 6spd but its something different for a car like it at the price. Overall you get what you pay for.

It OK
By Boriqua on 04/04/05 10:49 AM (PDT)

2002 Nissan Sentra GXE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

My AC went out. It Left me stranded once, but had a recall so Nissan fixed the probelm for free "ECU and oxygent sensor had to be replaced". Besided that I runs like a champ.

computer replacement at 46,000 miles
By Karen on 03/07/05 00:31 AM (PST)

2002 Nissan Sentra GXE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

This is a fast, fun car to drive but I was unhappy to find that one dealer said a sensor was out causing the transmission to malfunction and then they replaced the sensor again because I didn't make it around the block without the check engine light coming on again. Two days later after the second fix it happened again. I took it to another dealer who correctly diagnosed it as the computer itself and replaced it under warranty. I hope the new computer will last longer than another 46,000 miles!

Great vs. Competitors
By AA on 02/15/05 20:51 PM (PST)

2002 Nissan Sentra SE-R 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car simply because it was cheaper and a heck of a lot funner to drive than a Civic. It has not dissapointed. I have over 60K on it and it is still running like new. No major repairs at all. The only problem I have had is my front rotors warp very easily. I'm going to keep it well maintained and expect over 200,000K from it. The gas milage is acceptable, would probably be better if it didn't turn almost 3500 rpm at 75 mph. All in all, a blast to drive, looks great and holds up well --- I'd buy another.

bbbb
By mg on 01/26/05 21:57 PM (PST)

2002 Nissan Sentra SE-R 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

Good quality built car, only minor details that have gone wrong in the past two years. one is the windshield wiper solution sprayer on the drivers side does not work well.I have had better A/c in other models but it does the job.