Used 2002 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V SE-R Spec V Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V - Consumer Reviews

SE-R Spec V 2.5L 4-cyl. 6-speed Manual - (95 reviews )

Fun Nissan
By David Aguilera

2002 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V SE-R Spec V 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

I'm no car expert, but I've driven two Spec-V Sentra; so I figure to have a say. I consider this car to be a very great affordable car. The Spec-V model provides comforts, speed, and good looking aesthetics. The 6 speed version is perfect for your needs on the road. On HWY 1 (Californians will understand) this car has the acceleration to get you over any hills, and the handling for the windy roads you will find.

Just my preference, but front-wheel drive isn't fun. This car is sporty and should be rear-wheel.

Nickel n dimer
By wantastang302

2002 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V SE-R Spec V 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

After almost 6 years and 55k miles I have replaced almost everything on the vehicle except the engine. Not exaggerating. Wish I was. Purchased with 94k miles and just turned 150k. If I didn't love the car so much I would have sold it for a Mustang. Have a decent amount of mods and heavy suspension upgrades. Everything that broke on the car I replaced with high performance parts. I drive this car HARD Daily. Throw 6 inches of snow at this car and it's useless although it's dry weather fun makes up for it. This is NOT a reliable commuter. Missed more days of work than I'd like to think about being stuck with this car. Will not buy another when I tire of this one.

The engine is superb and short shift trans gearbox is fantastic. When I race, I shift as fast as motorcycles. I'm talking tenths of a second until 5th. Gets a little awkward there but 6th makes up for it. I chirp 4th sometimes with AA traction Street tires. Best torque I've seen on a 4 banger w/o turbo. Good amount of trunk space although back seat space suffers.

Paint fades prematurely. Parts are unreliable. Nissan, if it wasn't for style, speed and handling in your vehicles, you would be out of business because your build quality is SOME of the worst I've seen (my Toyota was worse) and I've owned many brands.

Spec-V 02
By spec_v_d

2002 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V SE-R Spec V 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

This is the second 02 spec-v i have owned. The first was just crap but it was because of the original owner treated it like crap... previous owner was a young girl who did not know how to drive a stick. Now i got another and it had the new motor, tranny, and clutch installed by nissan due to recall on the original motors. Car has about 50k miles on it and i couldnt love it more. I have owned lots of tuner cars and i must say this is by far my favorite. Handles great, amazing power for the 4 banger. I have a few mods to the car nothing to crazy just cold air, exhaust, and suspension. gets pretty good gas milage could be better though. All in all i give this car a 4.7 out of 5

Change the headers as soon as possible! dont cheap out get the hotshots. Also be sure to locktight most of the engine bolts... had a few want to come lose.

Import reliability ?
By Tayrob

2002 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V SE-R Spec V 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

I bought my car off of the first owner (personal friend) who meticulously maintained it for the first 41k, it was a peach, after that it all went down hill, the cel is pretty much always on for one reason or another (it eats 02 sensors), fuel economy is terrible, the best I have managed is about 29 mpg hwy and that's shifting at 2k, the trans mission grinds 3rd gear, and the paint has started to Peel at 65k, Peel! And my car has always been garaged! Still, it does have some perks, great handling and torque and great in snow but not much else, this will be my last Nissan

toque , handling

RELIABILITY! i have spent more money and time on this car than i have on my trans am drag car!

Incredible car!
By Antalian

2002 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V SE-R Spec V 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

This car is super awesome and fun to drive! The 2.5L in my Spec V pulls hard and always has more power to offer. It's surprisingly powerful for a straight 4. I drove it very hard on the 1st tank and still got 26 MPG out of it. But this car shines the most when you take it out on country roads and take some corners at speeds that don't seem like it should be able to handle, but it does handle them, VERY nicely. I'm the 2nd owner and it's got 85,000 miles and it's never any problems.

Handling, power, and looks.

None really.