2001 Nissan Sentra - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sentra model:
Excellent Purchase
By Sentra on 11/09/06 05:51 AM (PST)

2001 Nissan Sentra GXE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased my 2001 Sentra GXE in June of 2001. I financed it for 5 yrs. It still runs as well as it did when I drove it home brand new. Hopefully it will last another 5 years.

awesome car
By 01sentrase20 on 10/30/06 20:10 PM (PST)

2001 Nissan Sentra SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This car has been a blast to own and I am glad i made my choice of a nissan versus a saturn i was also looking to buy.

Good Practical Car
By Kristi on 08/28/06 18:10 PM (PDT)

2001 Nissan Sentra GXE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Has required no repairs, except a recall and normal maintenance. Good in snow considering weight of car. Road noise can be annoying-put on fave CD! Heat/air at 3+ too noisy. Gas mileage somewhat disappointing. Small & feel am sacrificing some comfort for reliability & longevity, but front seats very adjustable for max personal comfort. Excellent at holding its value if even moderately maintained. I recommend for practical types who want a reliable, low "cost of use" car they can pay off & be free of payments for a least a few years, if not more.

Great small car
By Dreama on 08/02/06 19:35 PM (PDT)

2001 Nissan Sentra SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased this car new with about 12 miles on it and now 5+ years later it has 44,000+ on it. I really love it. It's fun to drive this 5 speed. I have a lead foot. Great gas mileage. My son and I fight over who gets to drive it. I have replaced the rear brakes, including the calipers. I haven't had any problems. Recently an exhaust issue, the replacement OEM will be 595.70 for the muffler. WOW that is expensive. I haven't found it less expensive yet. I'll keep looking on the web for a better deal.

By Frank on 07/29/06 19:41 PM (PDT)

2001 Nissan Sentra GXE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Since I have owned the car, I have had about 4 factory recalls and recently, with less than 33,000 miles, the transmission had to be replaced. I would not recommend a Sentra, nor would I by another.

Good car - only minor problems
By schwnj on 05/24/06 11:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Nissan Sentra SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I've been driving my black Sentra SE since it was new, and have just over 50,000 on it now. Like many of the other reviewers, I've had to replace my brakes and tires. I've had two window regulators go out on me (both under warranty), and my sun visor mirror covers cracked off long ago. The paint on the bumper and mirrors is starting to fade after five years in the 110-degree Phoenix sun (but I wax it regularly to keep fading to a minimum). But all of those things are minor. The car has always started, it performs like it did in 2001, it handles well, the engine is built like a tank and all electrical and mechanical systems are fully working. Treat this car well and it will treat you well.

Sentras - See for Yourself
By Mama L on 03/22/06 09:48 AM (PST)

2001 Nissan Sentra GXE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I bought a 2001 GXE Sentra in 2001 and paid it off last year (a little early). There was one recall issue that caused the car to die, but it was fixed under warranty. It's not the quickest thing on the takeoff, but does fine on the highway and has a heavy, secure feel -- to me. I had a Corolla before that and its steering touch was so light you could run off the road in the blink of an eye. It's not the most fuel efficient car on the road, but it's also one of the cheaper.

The Best Rice Burner
By sentrarob on 03/15/06 11:24 AM (PST)

2001 Nissan Sentra XE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Great gas mileage, smooth ride, very peppy 1.8L motoe

2001 Nissan Sentra
By robert lins on 03/14/06 11:26 AM (PST)

2001 Nissan Sentra XE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

This is truly one of the best cars I have ever owned. My first two were American ( Chevy Impala and a Plymouth Duster, both pieces of JUNK).

sentra se 2001
By NXN on 01/24/06 22:47 PM (PST)

2001 Nissan Sentra SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Perfect car - 81 000 miles - not a single problem so far. I regret that I purchased extended warranty :)