Used 2001 Nissan Sentra Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2001 Nissan Sentra - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sentra model:

Nightmare!
By jada07

2001 Nissan Sentra GXE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Unfortunately, luck was not on my side with this car. I bought the car 2 years old with 40,000 miles. A year into it, the computer died (52,000 miles), the brakes are awful and continuously replaced, the paint is poor quality and started to chip within the first 2 or 3 years I had it. I do not feel comfortable taking it on long trips alone, as it is very unreliable. Gas mileage is good, but I'd trade it in for my old '93 accord any day!

Favorite Features

Gas mileage

Suggested Improvements

Needs more comfortable seats and an increase in overall quality.

Love this car
By Elise

2001 Nissan Sentra GXE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I have had this car since my 16th birthday. I bought it brand new with only 4 miles on it. Still to this day, 8 years later, it drives amazing. I have driven it across country multiple times and treated it poorly, despite that this car has been a trooper. It has never broken down on me. The only things I have had to replace 150000 later are the tires, car battery, and a fuse fro the headlight which was $6. I love this car. It's very reliable and I couldn't have asked for a better deal and even though it has been paid off now for 3 years it is still running great and I have no car payment. This car is a real keeper and I hope my next car is as tough as this one.

Favorite Features

reliable, comfy, large inside, decent trunk, safe, great gas mileage, and decent looking

Suggested Improvements

a little on the slower side.

Nissan Sentra, A great buy!
By skutte

2001 Nissan Sentra SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This car has stolen my heart with its reliability. My car has 180,000k and it still runs like a new car. The only trouble i had was replacing the breaks and the rotors because the breaks had no squeakers. The Nissan Sentra is a great buy.

Favorite Features

The gas mileage. 36 mpg

Suggested Improvements

Fix the mirrors on the visors.

Reliable Car
By Gilrich

2001 Nissan Sentra SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I like my 2001 Nissan Sentra 2.0, because its easy to maintain and repair. So far it has odometer reading of 160,000 and its still running and sound the same as I bought it 7 years ago. For seven years, I already changed 2 rear hub assembly, fan resistor and 4 tires. I recommend this car, its very reliable if you maintain it regularly. I run average of 120kms everyday and it never gave me headache even a single day.

Excellent small car- Miss it so much!
By kris

2001 Nissan Sentra GXE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

We bought our '01 Sentra as a young couple. Its design, size in its class and handling were the features that sold it. In 7 years of owning it, we have never worried about taking it for long trips. It holds its own on snowy and icy VT roads in winter with the right tires. Everything about this car was solid - the doors were heavy and tough as were the lid of the trunk and the hood. The mileage was a fuel sipping 35 mpg on the highway. It is a compact car and the room behind the driver can be a little less if the driver is tall, but that is true of all compact cars of '01. I have finally traded our Sentra in for a Quest as our family requirements have changed. This is a great Nissan product!

Favorite Features

Style, handling, mpg, split rear seat, room.

Suggested Improvements

Nothing.