Gas Mileage lagging...
By franky9 on
2014 Nissan Rogue S 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl CVT)
I have opened a case with Nissan of No. America, due to the fact that I drove away from dealership with new 2014 Rogue, and was getting 15 MPG. They told me to wait till car reaches 1,000 for accurate gas mileage. Now at 2,000 miles and I am averaging 23 mpg. Not what they are advertising. I am NOT getting anywhere near 30, 32, 33 mpg highway, no way. Sucks and I am not a happy camper.
Favorite Features
smooth ride, visibility.
Suggested Improvements
Gas mileage being accurate to your advertising about it. Not accurate at all.
By fredbilloie
on 04/04/14 22:13 PM (PDT)

Uhm, A big complaint abut the fuel milesge with no comment about what you liked and you gave it 5 Stars?

By pgh1559
on 05/19/14 07:23 AM (PDT)

I had a 2012 Rogue and the most I got was 19 - 21 mpg and that was driving conservativley. I complained to Nissan and was told to use Premium Gas - I did, no difference. I really thought about getting the new Rogue, but was afraid of the mileage, and the fact it had a small gas tank. I ended up getting the Altima, which the ratings are 28-38 and around town I average 32 with no highway driving, Plus it has a large tank and I can get almost 600 miles per a tank.

By krnkll
on 05/25/14 09:09 AM (PDT)

I am having the same problem. How do you open up a case? My best mileage was 28, but that was one time. I average 23. I'm super unhappy.

By steveomaha
on 07/22/14 19:52 PM (PDT)

I gave mine a good review based on claimed MPG but like yours, after a few months of experience, mine is not good either and 4-5 MPG less than ratings, no matter how gently I drive. Love the vehicle overall but am very disappointed by the mileage.

By coach30
on 08/16/14 13:58 PM (PDT)

After driving a new Rogue SL with 200 miles, I found I am getting 21 miles per gallon. 100 of the miles were highway at posted speeds and the other half were city driving. I am very unhappy as I expected at least 28-30 mpg. Will it get better??????