Used 2007 Nissan Pathfinder SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Nissan Pathfinder - Consumer Reviews

2007 Nissan Pathfinder SUV

View reviews for a specific Pathfinder model:

Second one, love it
By catcher10us

2007 Nissan Pathfinder SUV LE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Turned in my '06 PF SE that came off lease with 55000 miles for an 07 SE with leather with 25k miles from the same dealer. New ones were way too much and this one, looks like my old one but runs great, is comfortable and with the leather, a bit more luxurious. Looked at some other SUV's and for the money the '07 PF was a deal and a known quantity. So far, have had no major issues with either one and am a real fan of the Pathfinder. Comfortable, power to burn and lots of room. All in all, a terrific vehicle

Favorite Features

Room, build quality, Bose stereo, engine performance

Suggested Improvements

gas mileage

Educate yourself '05-08 Pathfinder Radiator issues
By nwfinder

2007 Nissan Pathfinder SUV LE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

The radiators in these have a major defect that destroys the transmission, torque converter and computer that controls both. If not caught before the 80,000 mile warranty will be extremely expensive to repair!!!! We own a 2007 and haven't had the issue yet and hopefully won't. It's been recommended on numerous sites to have the cooler lines that go between the radiator and transmission by-passed to a separate transmission oil cooler that can be installed fairly cheaply by any transmission shop. Anyone who has a Pathfinder and has already Passed 80,000 miles and hasn't had a transmission failure should do it immediately!!!

Suggested Improvements

Bottom line we love our Pathfinder and would recommend to others so long as they are aware of the radiator defect. We've had zero problems with ours and now has 73,000 miles. There is also pending litigation against Nissan. [non-permissible content removed.]

Another Radiator/Transmission blown! No Nissan!
By rberglund

2007 Nissan Pathfinder SUV SE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I discovered a small pool of purple liquid under front right tire of my 2007 Nissan Pathfinder in the garage yesterday. I discovered it was most likely a radiator leak and could have leaked into the transmission as well. I took the vehicle in today for inspection, and my concerns were confirmed. Due to the coolant mixing with the transmission fluid, I'm told it's only a matter of time before catastrophic transmission failure +$4000. The issue I have with this whole situation is Nissan is very aware of this defect, yet did not issue a recall. I found out the fix is a very simple bypass as well. There goes $5000+ out the door. All Nissan had to do was recall. Do not buy Nissan!

Suggested Improvements

Recall radiator. Fix it so customers aren't stuck with a $5000 fix they never saw coming.

SAFE ON THE ROAD
By Eddie

2007 Nissan Pathfinder SUV S 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Bought the suv last 2007 and finds it very reliable and safe in the road. Feels safe and comfort. Ideal for family of five and very nice to use in highway at the same time in dirt road.

Favorite Features

Great for outdoor activity, can sleep comfortable with my wife and a kid.

Suggested Improvements

Plastic interior and blind spot.

Worst Vehicle I've Ever Owned
By jem10

2007 Nissan Pathfinder SUV LE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

My family has owned many Nissan/Infiniti vehicles over the years and have loved them, until this one came along. We, along with many others, were faced with the dreaded transmission/radiator problem. We rebuilt the transmission, luckily had a warranty that paid for it. Then, 5 months later, the oil pump failed, which required a new timing chain tensioner along with many other simultaneous repairs, $1700 bill and 3 weeks in the shop. The TPMS light has been on for 1 year. I have had the system checked multiple times and the mechanics didn't know what was wrong with it. I have encouraged my entire family and all of my friends to choose something besides Nissans in the future.

Favorite Features

Comfort, 4WD. The Nissan Pathfinder makes a beautiful lawn ornament.