Used 2006 Nissan Pathfinder SUV Consumer Reviews - 148 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Nissan Pathfinder SUV - Consumer Reviews

2006 Nissan Pathfinder SUV

View reviews for a specific Pathfinder model:

2006 Pathfinder SE
By Dan

2006 Nissan Pathfinder SUV SE 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I traded a 2001 xtera which was also a fine truck. The pathfinder was a little noisy until I put good tires on it and the noise level dropped quite a bit. My se is very tight fitting, solid on door closing I find the front seats very comfortable and my wife likes the electronic pedal adjustment. We tow a 23" boat with no problem. 45,000 miles and not one problem. Over all the best truck I have owned.

Bose sound system Towing ability 4 wheel disc brakes

Make the opening to the oil filter larger for easier access,if you have big arms it a bit of a tight squeeze

Don't Buy This Vehicle!!!
By Kurt

2006 Nissan Pathfinder SUV SE 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I've had my Pathfinder for two years. Yes, it has been reliable. But for about a year now I've noticed while washing it that thousands of little rust specs are seeping through the paint. There are now streaks of rust down the back of it after sitting for the week in my Michigan driveway (undriven) for the week. A two year old car should not be rusting out. Its pathetic. I can only guess they use inferior steel to save a little money. For once I'm glad its a lease.

I bought it because I wanted a small SUV that held 7 passengers. I love the styling. The handling is terrific for an SUV.

The factory radio stinks. There is no forward/backwards buttons, only seek. So you're stuck waiting 5 seconds for each channel, which wouldn't be bad except that it can't tell the difference between a station and fuzz. The fuel economy sucks as well. I average about 16 mpg in mixed driving.

OK, not great
By catcher10us

2006 Nissan Pathfinder SUV SE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

First let me say that I have had Isuzu SUV's since '88, 2 troopers and a rodeo and they were the most reliable cars I have ever owned. I got the pathfinder because Isuzu left the market. Overall, I have about 43k miles on it and use if for business, everyday. Had a problem early on with oxygen sensors, dealer replaced, not a big deal. The brakes have been really poor on this truck, warped rotors at 24k miles, not covered past 18k miles. This is a lease, so not rushing to repair. Other than that, the pathfinder is comfortable, great in the snow and has plenty of power, highway and in town and a ton of room. Overall, I cant find anything better at the price, so I would do it again on a new one

Engine, radio, roominess, comfort on long trips.

Brakes, gas mileage

Good SUV, Bad dealer Service
By america964

2006 Nissan Pathfinder SUV LE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

The car is great. I have the fully loaded XE model with the navigation. Navigation was easy to use and better than other one that I used before like Lexus. The third row seat are great if I need to squeeze the little ones back there. SUV towed cars and boats with ease. Had problems getting issues fixed. For example, my heated seat work intermittently. The dealership turned it on and of course it worked. I had to make a scene with the service rep. and service manager to have their tech look at it. Same thing happened when my heater didn't work.

Good towing, drives nice for SUV.

Close, but not quite the best of SUVs.
By Helder

2006 Nissan Pathfinder SUV SE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased my brand new 2006 Pathfinder SE with all of the package options, leather, sunroof, etc. It's been a great truck so far with no major issues, but it still has its flaws. It feels solid and strong and is very quick at the same time, however, there is nothing that irritates me more than a new vehicle that is already sounding like a cheap, old car. How do you explain noises that just started to appear after 12,000 miles? I think I'll purchase a European car again after this one goes, omething more refined.

Lots of power, one of the best in its class. Roominess and practicality. Very good off road and on snow.

Tighter fit and finish around window seals and doors, and a quieter cabin. A new car/truck shouldn't have any squeeks or rattles.