Used 2006 Nissan Pathfinder SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Nissan Pathfinder SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Pathfinder model:

Close, but not quite the best of SUVs.
By Helder

2006 Nissan Pathfinder SUV SE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased my brand new 2006 Pathfinder SE with all of the package options, leather, sunroof, etc. It's been a great truck so far with no major issues, but it still has its flaws. It feels solid and strong and is very quick at the same time, however, there is nothing that irritates me more than a new vehicle that is already sounding like a cheap, old car. How do you explain noises that just started to appear after 12,000 miles? I think I'll purchase a European car again after this one goes, omething more refined.

Lots of power, one of the best in its class. Roominess and practicality. Very good off road and on snow.

Tighter fit and finish around window seals and doors, and a quieter cabin. A new car/truck shouldn't have any squeeks or rattles.

Unrefined
By Shayne

2006 Nissan Pathfinder SUV SE 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I've put about 25,000 miles on this truck in the past 12 + months. I've used it for towing up to 4,000 lbs, general highway and city driving. The power is great, major mechanical is strong, but it lacks a lot in overall refinement. The seats are below average in comfort, several trips to the dealer for electrical issues, traction control issues, body trim peeling off.

Engine, transmission, towing ability.

Better seats, improve on plastic quality. Interior plastics appear very , very cheap. Interior finsh overall is very poor.

Cool Soccer Mom
By Melissa

2006 Nissan Pathfinder SUV SE 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Love the ride; the steering is solid and handles curves well. Have it had for almost 1 year now. Traded '01 Nissan Quest; still wanted the room without the low to ground vehicle. Even though this is not 4WD, it does well on loose gravel and low clearance areas. Pulls trailer with 4 wheeler extremely well.

Bose sound system; sunroof.

More comfortable front seats (more cushion and wrap around); adjustable 3rd row seat backs.

Great SUV
By Joe

2006 Nissan Pathfinder SUV SE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

This vehicle is the best, in my opinion of all vehicles in its class. With roomy interior and a very handsome exterior, Nissan went over and above in the Pathfinder design. I also own a Titan, which I normally pull my 23 foot, 4000 pound, wakeboard boat with. One day I decided to use the Pathfinder, I was impressed! It pulls with ease. Much better quality in all features than the Envoy, and Pilot, way better than Durango and Jeep. This thing is solid! It's the perfect combination of a powerful SUV, sporty handling and quickness. On the highway smooth and quiet. Fuel economy is better than I expected. I believe this is the SUV the other manufacturers try to copy.

A+ power. Easy around town. Excellent Bose sound system! Third row seats flip down flush for an extra large trunk. Interior is plush and comfortable, a real trend setter.

Improvements? I can't think of any.

A Great Pathfinder
By Rick

2006 Nissan Pathfinder SUV SE 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

We traded our 2004 Chev Trailblazer for this 06 Pathfinder. It handles much better than the Trailblazer. This Pathfinder is narrower and smaller, it has the power when needed. I would buy another Pathfinder in the future.

Bose 6 changer CD system, moonroof, and how the seats fit your body so well.

Nothing at this time.