Used 2009 Nissan Maxima Sedan Consumer Reviews - 137 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Nissan Maxima Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Maxima model:

Happily traded my lexus for the maxima.
By maxima4life

2009 Nissan Maxima Sedan 3.5 S 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Just got the car yesterday. I had a leased IS 250 to trade in and was looking to spend less but not downgrade too much. No buyers remorse here! (Except for my backup camera- that was nice.) I got the S model to save some cash and I don't miss the Lexus at all. The Maxima is a blast to drive and looks sleek- I got a compliment after owning it less than 24 hours. It has WAY more room than the IS but drives just as good. It has good pick-up on the highway and really turns heads. I test drove a loaded Camry SE and it just felt boring after owning the IS 250. The Maxima is a great car- I am very satisfied and can't wait to show it off. I got a great deal since it was an 09'. Go get one!

Body style, VERY comfortable driver's seat- feels like a comfy recliner, light in the trunk which is something the IS doesn't have, 19 in. tires, charcoal interior has great detailed piano stitching, great handling on turns, lots of room in the back seat and trunk, plenty of leg room in the front

Some of the buttons are not in the places you would expect (power side view mirror), have to use premium fuel (did this with the lexus too), wish the trunk would open automatically.

Look No Further
By maxima09

2009 Nissan Maxima Sedan 3.5 SV 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Coming off a S60, checked the choices but could not pass up the 09 Maxima. Lots more for the $$ compared to what the luxury brands offered. U can feel the 290 horses. Interior space much better then the luxury competition.

Bluetooth, Horse Power, decent MPGs.

Regular Gas instead of only Premium .

Nissan got it right
By Maxima

2009 Nissan Maxima Sedan 3.5 SV 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Just acquired my 09 Maxima fully loaded with the panoramic sun roof. This car blows the mind. I sometimes have to keep my eye on the speedometer due to the CVT shift. It is very easy to go over speed limit when you don't feel the shift points. Voice control provides another way to manage some of the onboard functions such as navigation, phone and climate control. Bluetooth integration allows me to continue a conversation from my headset over my car's system with very no effort. If you should acquire one you may find yourself spending a few hours playing with all the technology. You will also drive this car just for the sake of driving it.

Voice control, panoramic sunroof, IPOD connection, bluetooth integration

none.

Fantastic
By rooski

2009 Nissan Maxima Sedan 3.5 SV 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Well, I traded my 06 Mustang GT. Anything within our budget, other than Maxima would have been a terrible disappointment. Plenty of room for three average sized adults (not happening in the Mustang). Great performance, super QUIET, great features, great exterior lines. My husband was really wanting Infiniti, but he wouldn't have it any other way now. Gas mileage is good compared to what I was getting on the Stang. This car is the best of both worlds between sports car and sedan. Great vehicle!

Quiet ride, great interior. This car is SOLID, you can actually hear the doors seal when you close them. Bose sound rocks!

I keep seeing rear wheel drive on other reviews, and I will agree with that. It would be a great option, however, there is nothing wrong with the current vehicle.

Sporty with Comfort
By Bob B.

2009 Nissan Maxima Sedan 3.5 SV 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

What a fun car to drive. We went thru a lengthy process to pick out a sedan that met mileage, comfort and appearance conditions we deemed important. The Maxima won out no hands down. Mileage is good for a luxury car, about 25 so far with mixed driving, and comfort is superb. We bought the SV model fully loaded and can't be happier. We strongly recommend this vehicle.

The extension on the drivers seat for thigh support is great. The information screen is very clear and easy to read. Of course, the Navtec system is very helpful.

None at this point.