2009 Nissan Maxima Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Maxima model:
2009 Max
By NissanBoy on 04/12/09 11:32 AM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Maxima Sedan 3.5 SV 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I currently have a 2008 max SL and wanted to see what's all the talk about the 2009. Well, people let me tell you that I took this car for a weekend road test and was extremely impressed. I tested the sv premium package w/o Navi. This car has loads of features that you will not find in any acura TL. The room of this car remains the same and the interior quality seem to have improved over my 2008. Only time will tell if I will be willing to spend 37k on a Nissan Maxima.

Wow! This car is sharp!!
By lhsmule on 04/04/09 15:51 PM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Maxima Sedan 3.5 SV 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I have own 3 Maximas' before this one and liked each one of them. The type of car that I was looking for had to have the following requirements. Manageable price and monthly payments, Very good power, room (I'm well over 6'0" tall) quality, and have good gas mileage. I looked at Lexus', Infiniti's M45 & M35. I tried to own another sedan besides the Max for a change of pace, but the Maxima meet those requirements the best. This is by far the best Max that I've ever driven! My model is an SV and it's very fun to drive. It looks sharp and aggressive. The acceleration is exhilarating, and whenever I turn off the VDC button, it gives it even a bigger boost. The cockpit design is excellent.

sooooo happy
By brand on 04/01/09 06:04 AM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Maxima Sedan 3.5 SV 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

This is probably the best car i have owned. My last car was a Caddy CTS and this car blows it away. on performance and pickup it is wonderful. My only complaint is the seat heaters never seem to get hot enough.

don't buy if you haven't
By tquinquinn on 03/10/09 17:23 PM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Maxima Sedan 3.5 SV 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I bought this car over the lexus and geniness because I liked the looks of it, well the car runs rough to say the least It started off making a flapping sound when I first started it at about 20 miles p/hr. then after a while it added the sound of something braking free to engage.I finally took it to the dealer and they didn't know what to make of it finally they told me they think it's the alternator they will start by replacing that and work form there. For the money I paid and the problems I'm having with it I would not recommend to anyone to buy it. my car only has 3000 miles on it. I wish I would have bought that Lexus. for peace.

What a car!
By hutch1 on 03/08/09 19:57 PM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Maxima Sedan 3.5 SV 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Traded in my 2nd Camry for my first Nissan, and I have to say I'm thrilled with the purchase. Basically have now found what it means to have a sports sedan instead of a family cruiser and I will not be looking back! Test drove approximately 10 cars and never really found that perfect fit of sports sedan, luxury, good looks and reliability for a great price until now.

Great car!
By delgado1 on 02/24/09 09:03 AM (PST)

2009 Nissan Maxima Sedan 3.5 SV 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

We traded in our 2007 Maxima for the 2009 SV model. It was pricier than we would have liked but the base models were not close to our '07 SE model. This car has the power and handling that I would expect from such a car. This car is fun to drive everyday to work and on the weekends. I think this has to be the best Maxima ever. I just hope they don't change too many things on the 2010 model.

This car is impressive
By Denis on 02/23/09 18:20 PM (PST)

2009 Nissan Maxima Sedan 3.5 SV 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I am very impressed with the clean look of this car, especially the shape of the hood and the side. The color of my car is white and this color also improved the lines of the car even in the snow. The car has excellent traction in the snow because of the very good traction control and the Toyo winter tires. The handling both on highway or back roads is very precise and solid. The acceleration is amazing for a front wheel drive. I can not see anyone that enjoy driving sport car be disappointed with the 2009 Maxima. I highly recommend it to anyone that just like me, wants a classy look with the serious performance of a sport car. Bravo Nissan superb package.

The beast of 2009
By GQ on 02/21/09 12:52 PM (PST)

2009 Nissan Maxima Sedan 3.5 SV 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I must say, my 2009 Maxima is the best vehicle I have ever bought. I bought sept of 2008 with 10 miles. It is almost Mar 2009. I have 17800 miles due to trips from Jacksonville, FL to Delaware and Louisiana. I have made numerous trips to Orlando and Miami as well. Great car, fun to drives and it never gets old. With regular maintenance every 3750 miles, it stills drives new with no problems. It is a huge improvement over the previous Maxima. Yes, I had a 2006 Maxima. It was nice, but too soft and didn't handle nearly as nice. The new Maxima is stiffer, shorter and wider making it the best handling FWD vehicle I have ever driven. I've driven 99.9% of FWD vehicles in North America.

Four Door Fun
By 09NMFan on 02/20/09 17:42 PM (PST)

2009 Nissan Maxima Sedan 3.5 SV 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I have had this car nearly five months and love it. It is gorgeous to look at. I get tons of compliments on its styling. It is fun to drive, very intuitive and sporty while feeling like a luxury car. My previous vehicle was a Jaguar and I am not disappointed in my Maxima. Love the control panel. It is easy to read and use. The iPod integration is excellent. I find myself wanting to go places just to drive my car. I have not had any problems with it. My only complaint is that I am only averaging 18 miles to the gallon in mostly city driving. I have taken road trips with four adults in hilly terrain. All adults were comfortable the entire time. Truly a four door gem!! Very versatile car.

Not half bad
By Taylor on 02/19/09 07:01 AM (PST)

2009 Nissan Maxima Sedan 3.5 SV 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Style is great, creature comforts not bad, premium package OK. Averaging 18.7 city and 30.2 on highway.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Nissan Maxima Sedan in VA is:

$137 per month*