Used 2009 Nissan Maxima Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Nissan Maxima Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Maxima model:

Sloppy workmanship
By Sadru Dharamsy

2009 Nissan Maxima Sedan 3.5 SV 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Just picked up our new Maxima 3.5 SV. Looks gorgeous and rides pretty well. We arrived home and noticed the passenger side window malfunctioning (unusual rattling noise). We opted for the tech package also, and that should have included a compact flsh drive. The cover to the flash drive is jammed solid and won't come. We have to drive 150 miles again and take it to the dealership to have it fixed. Will not pay that kind of money for such sloppy workmanship and less than optimum dealership that does not check the car put prior to selling. Who knows what other surprises are awaiting.

Try Infiniti G37 - I have 2 of them and they are performing really well. Price-wise, the small difference is worth it.

Great Car!!
By harry_0724

2009 Nissan Maxima Sedan 3.5 SV 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Traded in a 2007 Altima 3.5SE. Maxima is great...aggressive styling, good power, lots of great features with the Navigation/Music Box. Plus, I have the Sport Package and it handles nicely.

style, wheels, comfort, sound system, navigation, power

make the cooled drivers seat available on the Sport Package, not just premium package

Fun comfortable ride great Tech
By m

2009 Nissan Maxima Sedan 3.5 SV 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

My last car was the Infiniti M35x loved it but I love this Car more! I bought 5 months ago and have been very happy. I love the lines of this car and the Tech is about the same as what I had in my more expensive M35x. I do not feel that I traded down I was very worried about it but in the end I feel I traded up! This car is really fun to drive I recommend it to anyone who wants great Tech, comfort and a fun sporty drive! Heated steering wheel sealed the deal I would have bought another Infiniti but none of them had a heated wheel! And I saved a lot of money in the process! I am very happy with this car so far!

Navigation,real time Traffic,bluetooth, ipod,Satellite radio,comfort, clean lines, power, Heated steering Wheel,

All Wheel drive would be nice! The doors sometimes do not close on the first try. some interior finishes could be upgraded

Excellent
By Justho

2009 Nissan Maxima Sedan 3.5 SV 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Had a 1997 Maxima, which was ok. Saw this car at a car show while comparing to other cars in its price range. This one offers more of everything (power, features, style) than competing models. Great care, highly recommend.

Horsepower, interior design.

Better seat heaters.

2009 Maxima
By goddale

2009 Nissan Maxima Sedan 3.5 SV 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

No major drawbacks about Nissanís best Maxima yet. These are minor inconveniences and as a result, I would recommend this car. I wish sunglasses cases actually fit todayís sunglasses.

Sporty looking with lots of power. Roomy. Great features like Nav w/ phone no. routing and hands free dialing. Although low to the ground, the ride is very comfortable. Bose system is awesome. Automatic headlamps and up/down front windows are great features along with push button start.

Back-up camera bell and fog light on indicator. Steering can be difficult when turning at an intersection. If you step on the gas hard, the car gets a bit out of control. Trunk sounds like a can when closing. Vibration goes through your body if you lean your leg against the door handle.