2006 Nissan Armada SE SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Nissan Armada - Consumer Reviews

2006 Armada Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Armada model:

Sort Reviews by

I would love to love this truck...
By desant89

2006 Nissan Armada SUV LE 4dr SUV 4WD (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I am stunned reading these reviews. I have had more small problems than ever. Windows rattle, sunroof rattles, cheap plastic interior creaks all of the time, ride is a little rough, poor fuel economy. I have been to the dealership as much as an employee. A friend has one, and notices the same annoyances. Funny, when I get in it, I still love to drive it! Trips to the dealer are killing me though. Too many annoyances for something in this price range. Nissan has to do better than the plastic interior in this vehicle. If noise does not bother you, this is an excellent vehicle. What is with the cable driven windows?

Favorite Features

Navigation, Power, Sound system.

Suggested Improvements

Better material quality interior, Change window drive system. Have a switch to soften suspension, heated rear captain's chairs.

Armada
By Armada Owner

2006 Nissan Armada SUV SE 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

Great vehicle. The gas mileage is not the greatest, but you can feel every bit of the 300+ horse power.

Favorite Features

I like the standard in dash 6 disk changer.

Suggested Improvements

Gas Mileage!

Traded Chevy Suburban, in a heart beat!
By Linda

2006 Nissan Armada SUV LE 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

Fantastic full size SUV, built right here in the good ole USA! Superior safety features, all standard! Fit, finish & quality of materials are very pleasing. Reputation & reliability are outstanding. Easy to use features, placement of instruments & accesories are well thought out & informative. Find myself in this auto more often than my BMW 7 series! Highly recommend!

Favorite Features

Everything works! The comfort in knowing that I am driving a SUV designed to save my life in the event of a incident! power lift gate, ease of use/flat folding seats, extra storage compartment in rear for boat towing necessarities. Easy to drive, around town or on the road. Etc, Etc...it's all good!

Suggested Improvements

Gas mileage........

worth it
By charles

2006 Nissan Armada SUV LE 4dr SUV 4WD (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

wanted something roomy and this is it. has technology package with gps and its worth every penny for never having to stop for directions again. xm sounds great over the bose system. back up camera is awesome and a great safety feature. my son loves the dvd put in ps2 for him - where was all this when i was little?? we live in big bear and this handles great in the snow no more chains.... average is about 16 mpg not bad for what you get im very satisfied with the purhase.

Favorite Features

xm, gps,dvd, backup camera, heated seats, roominess 2nd row captain's chairs

Suggested Improvements

heated 2nd row seats,dual dvd screens

mah nissan
By troy

2006 Nissan Armada SUV SE 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

really really , nice powerful v8 nice looking turn head nice powerful growl lol ~1~

Favorite Features

everything

Suggested Improvements

suspension

Dollar by Dollar the best SUV
By Tico

2006 Nissan Armada SUV LE 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

Great suspension and power excellent sound system easy to get in third row also third row could seat adults up to 6' tall comfortably something that others suv can not do.The rear view is very helpful.

Favorite Features

comfortable third row, sound system, rear view camara and exterior design.

Suggested Improvements

upgrade the brakes it does vibrate at abou 10,000 miles.

Best SUV for the Money... By Far
By Steve

2006 Nissan Armada SUV SE 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I test drove the Tahoe, Expedition, Sequoia, and of course the Armada. The Armada beat them all. The Tahoe and Expedition had decent power, but both felt like a big truck. The Sequoia felt like a luxury car, but lacked power and lacked all the "extras" that come with SUVs these days (i.e., fold flat seats). The Armada felt like a powerful sports car that, oh by the way, could also haul 8 people with extreme comfort. I am satisfied with my choice.

Favorite Features

Great stereo, lots of power, and very comfortable. Second row seats have more leg room than anything I have ever driven. This will be great for family trips.

Suggested Improvements

Power driver-seat buttons are too high (I bump them when getting in and out which moves the seat slightly).

nice and fun
By love it

2006 Nissan Armada SUV LE 4dr SUV 4WD (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I love my truck, i had always wanted a big truck and when i compared it to the yukon xl, i knew this was for me. it is super comforable to drive, plus it's fun to drive cuz u can feel the power and it's still sporty looking! I think it is a very nice looking truck yet its sporty.

Favorite Features

I love the liftgate, & dvd, sunroof

Suggested Improvements

my brakes started messing up about 2 wks after i bought it but it took me a month to take it back,they said the problem is the brakes and they need to replace the whole brake system. the problem comes from the factory. point is they need to check their products before they get to the consumer.

We Love It !!
By Linda Engle

2006 Nissan Armada SUV LE 4dr SUV 4WD (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

We traded a 2005 Volvo XC90 for our new Armada. We found the Volvo has many of tthe same safety features plus the luxury items missing in the Volvo. Both my husband and I love the ride, the handling, the room and the 'extras'. Lots of goodies for the price. It is expensive to fill up but worth every penny.

Favorite Features

Great sound system, power liftgate, ease of getting in the third row seat. Backup camera, navigation system & DVD player are awesome.

Suggested Improvements

Heated second row seats

Armada 2006
By Mohamed Almarzouqi

2006 Nissan Armada SUV LE 4dr SUV 4WD (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

it is a nice car but if they can work on the exterior design (rear door handl & roof shap, bigger size wheel, bigger hood "the engine is squeezed in, back roor flat, tire to be held on back instead of underneath,..etc).

Favorite Features

first look and internal space

Suggested Improvements

1- rear door handl. 2- roof shap 3- bigger wheel, bigger hood "the engine is squeezed in 4- back roor flat 5- tire to be held on back instead of underneath,..etc).