Used 2006 Nissan Armada SE SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Nissan Armada SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Armada model:

Would Buy Another!
By Valley_Val

2006 Nissan Armada SUV SE 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

We are very happy with our Armada and in fact are thinking of buying another when this lease is up. We also tested the Toyota Sequoia, GMC Yukon and Cadillac Escalade at the time of purchase -- the Armada was best due to styling, comfort, interior/exterior amenities, and most important, the ease of changing the seat configuration! Car has performed great, gas mileage is not super but acceptable compared to other similar-sized SUVs, and I would (and do) recommend the car to others in the market for a larger SUV.

Seat configuration, automatic lift gate, back-up camera, GPS, display config.

DVD moved to another location other than center storage unit (difficult to change disks for kids while moving or if you stow much stuff).

Okay
By Armada

2006 Nissan Armada SUV SE 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

The performance is great for a vehicle that size. It has great pickup speed. There is something about the driver side chair that is not right just cannot explain what. the fuel economy is very poor and should be design better. It is fun to drive because it is big and somewhat easy to handle. Interior design is plain for the price I paid for, exterior is simply but good to look at if you had the right color. Built is okay cannot judge it right now. I believe this vehicle is very reliable.

This vehicle make other driver respect it on the road.

Improvement can be made in the sound system, fuel system , putting in the blue tube lights, rear back up video, and this should be done for every model.

First Nissan
By Rick

2006 Nissan Armada SUV SE 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

My wife and I were looking to trade in our Chevy Venture for a full size SUV. My first thought was ok now I get my Tahoe, NOT, after I drove the Armada there was no way I was getting a Tahoe. This thing is great, extreme comfort, powerful, and ROOM to spare. I love it.

Comfort and drivability, plenty of room for the kids, fold flat rear seats, And of course the power.

One thing I did like about the Tahoe is the active fuel management. Maybe Nissan can come up with something like that.

Unique SUV
By Kingsley A. Antwi

2006 Nissan Armada SUV SE 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I purchased this SUV in August 2006, after shipping my old pathfinder abroad. The body style is unique among all the SUV brands. It has a lot of leg room, good entertainment system and numerous storage places as compared to its competitors. It drives beautiful and stable on highway. It took me half tank from Pembroke Pines to Orlando within 3 hours, pretty good on gas on highway driving. I won't trade in for any other model because of its unique body.

The sound and entertainment system and also the tire pressure monitors. I love the 3rd roll seats for my grand kids.

The controls on the steering for music and cruise control, should be made to illuminate or glow in darkness to enhance use when drving at night.

Best car ever purchased
By Henry Oliva

2006 Nissan Armada SUV SE 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I have had a very good experience with this vehicle. I would recommend the Armada to anyone. It is fun to drive and everywhere I go I get complimented on my Armada. I am a big guy and the space is incredible, I have never been in an suv with so much leg and arm room. My father is now thinking of purchasing one of his own. He says it looks sleek and very luxurios. If you are in the market for a suv, I give the Armada 2 thumbs up.

I enjoy the entire vehicle, My kids favorite part is the Dvd player. I like the comfort

Make the Dvd function a little easier to use, its not hard but it took me a little while to get it right.