2005 Nissan Armada - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Armada model:
Great Vehicle
By Kenyadrick Wallace on 05/21/05 16:32 PM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Armada LE Rwd 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I love it so much. It has enough space. The only thing is the SE should have fog lights. That would bring them out also. Other than that the Armada's are Great!!!!!!!!!

Great SUV overall
By Siberian on 05/16/05 15:30 PM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Armada LE 4WD 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

Bought fully loaded 2004 Nissan Armada. Quiet yet powerful V8 engine, fun to drive, great acceleration. Duriong last Xmas, I drove it to Mexico from Minneapolis, MN - not a simple problem. Best features in the class: DVD Navigation, lots of computer settings you can adjust, nice leather with heated seats. Much better than Toyota Sequoya or Ford Expedition. SHIFT_drive!

Brute power
By "Nice One" on 05/13/05 21:54 PM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Armada LE 4WD 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

The Armada packs a punch. The 2004 Lincoln Navigator I drove last year was comfortable and stylish, but doesn't compare in the performance department. The Armada tows my bass boat through the Smoky Mountains with ease. It's first off the line at traffic lights. Handles well for such a giant. Entertainment system is tops.

Be Careful
By John on 05/07/05 10:27 AM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Armada SE 4WD 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

This vehicle has serious brake issues! I have an 2005 model and at 2000 miles of city driving, the wheel and pedal started to vibrate. Now with 3000 it is so bad it is embarassing to drive with friends. Nissan was just "turning" the rotors but now have developed a new brake kit however the dealers in my area are clueless when the will get the upgrade. Make sure you get an upgrade before you buy!!!!!!!!! P.S. nissan says this upgrade will work...only time will tell.

Overall, a very nice SUV
By Steamthief on 05/03/05 22:34 PM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Armada SE Rwd 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I was hesitant to buy a 2004 due to problems mentioned on edmunds, and I'm glad I waited. The 2005 is indeed a very nice truck. Gobs of power; merging onto the freeway is a breeze. Interior cabin is very quiet, surprisingly so at freeway speeds. Lots of interior room; front seats (leather) are firm and supportive, middle bench has lots of legroom, and the kids prefer sitting in the third row, so I assume it's pretty comfy back there as well! Bose stereo sounds great. One concern is the underpowered brakes; steering wheel started shuddering after about 3k miles, mostly city driving. Dealer serviced brakes at no charge, all is well again. Overall, I love this truck & have NO regrets.

Best $40K SUV on the Market!
By steve on 05/01/05 11:39 AM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Armada LE Rwd 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

The power and speed are unbelievable. Interior is well-appointed. I owned a Tahoe and a Maxima, now I get the best of both in one vehicle. The way some exterior design cues are executed in the interior (like the center console) are superb. It's like driving a work of art. Definately a nice alternative to GM's sloppy fit and finish and Toyota's anemic engines! WAITING ON THE HYBRID!

Love my Army...
By Ayespye on 04/21/05 18:52 PM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Armada SE Rwd 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I've only had this beast for 2 months but it's perhaps the best ride I've ever owned. I got rid of my Volvo S80 in favor of the Armada...and the difference is astounding. The ride in my Armada is soooo much smoother, I was surprised. The room in the back seat is PHENOMENAL! The raw power at any speed over 15mph is a fun kick in the rear. I've had it over 90 a couple of times and have never noticed the before mentioned "shake" in the steering wheel. I'm not looking forward to replacing the tires when the day comes either.

Love my Armada
By 92TripleBlack on 04/17/05 12:47 PM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Armada LE 4WD 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I love my Armada. I have put it through the paces, carrying 9 adults, long road trips, boat launches, mild off road, etc. Never been anything but reliable & fast;faster than my friend's BMW, Acura MDX, & Hemi Jeep GC. In sum, best of the field. Compared it to Denali, Navigator, Escalade, H2, Expedition, LX 470 & Sequoia. Wouldn't trade for any listed even if you included $10K cash. First 3 have many problems including bad head gaskets, brake issues, etc. Ford/Lincoln is a dog for performance & not as comfortable. Like the Tundra vs. Titan/F150, Sequoia/LX470 are Mid-size, not full size SUVs. Slower, low tow ratings, old design, 15% smaller, & grouped w/Durango, Merc, Explorer & Jeep GC.

Great SUV
By Mark on 04/15/05 02:39 AM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Armada LE 4WD 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

After being convinced for years that I would buy a Tahoe, I ventured over to Nissan to test drive the Armada and I was very pleasantly surprised. The Armada was the only SUV to offer it all including fold-flat seats, relative comfort in the 3rd row, and dual-climate controls. It will become the ultimate road trip vehicle!

Love it!!!!!
By Michelle Gilston on 04/13/05 23:03 PM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Armada LE Rwd 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I've had my Armada for over a year now and absolutely love the look, the drive, and the performance! I have had a problem with a touchy check tire light since the car's delivery, comes on when driving on interstate after about 50 miles. Also driver's window rattles when about 1/4 of the way down, but I just turn up the volume on the awesome sound system, and it goes away. The only other thing is that the letters on the radio and steering controls are already starting to scratch off and it's only been a year. I love my car - even the fill-up at the tank seems worth having a car that is safe, fun to drive, turns heads, holds my 2 kids/dogs/1 husband comfortably and is safe and reliable.