Used 2004 Nissan Armada SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Nissan Armada - Consumer Reviews

2004 Nissan Armada SUV

View reviews for a specific Armada model:

Most Helpful|
all the space you'll ever want
By el_santo

2004 Nissan Armada SUV LE Rwd 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

Excellent car except for the a/c unit. Took it on a trip and on the way back it started doing funny things(the vents seem to have disconected and a very little if any iar was coming trough the vents, temperature of air went up as well). Took it to dealer and since the problem went way on its own they could not do a thing about it.

Favorite Features

love the lift gate, but would like to be able to disable that feature when in a cramp space.

Suggested Improvements

a/c unit needs to blow colder air.

Armada!!
By Ranya

2004 Nissan Armada SUV SE 4WD 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I love my Armada so much! It's huge, I call it my beast! But the only problem is, the inside is falling apart! the visors keep falling off, I took it to the dealer and they said they couldn't fix them, that they were manufactured wrong.. Hopefully the 2005 is better.. But the drive is GREAT and so much fun! Overall, awesome car!

Favorite Features

I love the chrome on the outside.. the stereo system is pretty cool too. acceleration is awesome

Suggested Improvements

the inside needs work

Best SUV I've owned
By Joe

2004 Nissan Armada SUV LE Rwd 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

We had an expedition prior to owning this Armada. We actually went to the Toyota dealer to buy a Sequoyah and they had this used vehicle on the lot. My wife and I test drove this vehicle for about 20 minutes we only test drove the Sequoyah for two blocks. So much fun, so much space. 43" of leg room in the second row whole family loves this vehicle.

Suggested Improvements

Fuel economy would be a great improvement. But I'd sacrifice size and safety of this vehicle to protect my family for gas mileage

Great SUV
By Armada fan

2004 Nissan Armada SUV SE 4WD 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

By far the best full size SUV in its class. I compared it with the Expedition, Tahoe, and Sequoia. The Armada won hands down on power, performance, ride, looks, and interior.

Favorite Features

Powerful engine and tranny. Looks very distinctive from the other full size SUV. Very brutish looking.

Suggested Improvements

Better fuel economy but with a powerful engine, I guess it's expected.

Great Truck
By sah

2004 Nissan Armada SUV SE 4WD 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

Have owned this car since new, continue to keep this while trading/leasing others. The size, ride and functionality are incomparable and we have had minimal problems with a first year model. Highly recommend this vehicle to those considering. Do your homework. The brake concerns are to be expected for a large, heavy SUV that gets traditional auto miles. We have 65k miles and are going in for our second brake job... the first was covered. 2nd set of tires are in great shape. Compare to a Suburban/Expedition by taking a drive test... it is a hands down winner.

Favorite Features

Size, handling, power, styling.

Suggested Improvements

Level of interior finish... has improved on the newer models.