2005 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Lancer Evolution model:
This car has everything
By Tim on 03/15/06 14:42 PM (PST)

2005 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VIII 4dr Sport Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

This is the ultimate car. It is VERY fast, and handles like you're bolted to the road. The seats hold you tight when taking the corners, and the Infinity stereo in it is phenominal for a factory system (optional Sun, Sound and Leather package - highly recommended). However, it also has mounting brackets for my son's car seat, and the trunk is big enough so I can easily fit a few sets of golf clubs. We have nasty winters, but with the AWD and a set of Blizzaks, this is the best winter car I've ever had (better than my wife's 4WD SUV). Considering the performance the gas milage is outstanding. I was looking for a daily driver that had everything, and this is it.

Whats not to like?
By Ryan on 03/08/06 14:48 PM (PST)

2005 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution MR Edition 4dr Sport Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

The Lancer Evolution is a blast to own, It has excellent acceleration, steering, and braking. Its maintenance costs are higher than an economy vehicle's but no higher than any other performance wehicle.

A True Driver's Car
By Organicwheels on 02/01/06 18:08 PM (PST)

2005 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VIII 4dr Sport Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

If driving is just a necessary part of your day to get from point A to point B and you would rather spend the time talking on your cell phone, then this is not the car for you. But for us serious enthusiasts who LOVE to drive and KNOW how to drive, the Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VIII may be the best car on the planet, at any price! I drive an 18 wheeler all over the country, but when I'm in my own private vehicle, this is definitely my vehicle of choice.

2005 better than 2003!
By Chick 'N Evo on 12/14/05 21:34 PM (PST)

2005 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VIII 4dr Sport Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

We purchased a 2003 Mitsubishi Lancer Evo VIII in March 2004 and decided to trade it in for a more "practical" daily driver 8 months later: an Acura RSX-S. Though the Acura is an all around great car, we missed the turbo charged, AWD Evo and went back to it. The overall purchasing process was not bad. We purchased from the same sales rep, and dealership both times. The Mitsubishi "special financing" was a joke! Buyer beware: purchasing an Evo includes Yokohama tires that are not winter-friendly. The odd tire size puts snow tires anywhere from $150 - $200 each. Overall this is a GREAT CAR - even as a "family sedan." We couldn't be happier the second time around :). It's comfortable for business or family, fast, and handles like a brick.

Other than the clutch
By James on 10/19/05 12:32 PM (PDT)

2005 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VIII 4dr Sport Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Other than having to replace the clutch at 3,000 miles, my 2005 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VIII was great...I say was because a friend introduced it to a tree at 45 mph. The tree won.

What a car!
By Ozzman on 10/11/05 02:37 AM (PDT)

2005 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution RS 4dr Sport Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

The Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution RS model is for those strong enough to handle it. Ok, that might be a little dramatic, but when you're behind the wheel of this beast you feel as though nothing else can compare. Your freeway cockiness sky-rockets as you start to toy with Mustang GT's, GTO's, Camaro's, or any others who "claim" to have power. Timid youths soon become aggresive bullies of the road. And then, then you add your air intake, downpipe, turbo manifold, exhaust, boost controller, and fuel injectors. Now, this is when modesty sets in. Modesty because you no longer feel like anything else compares, you now know that nothing else compares. With $2,000 you'll be eating Cobra's and Corvette's for breakfast.

Sweet Ride
By Miguel on 10/07/05 01:28 AM (PDT)

2005 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VIII 4dr Sport Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

The 2005 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VIII is the best car for its price no questions asked. Its performance is amazing and nothing is more fun to drive.

Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution MR Edition
By Adam on 10/05/05 00:18 AM (PDT)

I bought my first Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution in 2003 and had to upgrade when the MR edition came out. I am extremely happy with my purchase. I've had no problems. I only had the usual tire and brake pad changes, other then that it's an oil change every 3,500 mile.

The Best Stock Sport Sedan Available
By Norio Kushi on 09/26/05 16:20 PM (PDT)

2005 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VIII 4dr Sport Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

This is one sport sedan which does not compromise it's performance in any area in an attempt to appeal to average Joe. This is one sport sedan which will be forever appreciated by those who know HOW to drive and LOVE to drive. Forget those reviews which say this is not for long distance, I drive regularly between my two homes in NC and MA and this is definitely my vehicle of choice. If you like to be isolated from the road, talk on your cell phone while you drive and have more attention on getting to your destination than having fun getting there, this is not the car for you. No automatics available here. (I also drive an 18 wheeler and own a Honda Civic and Odyssey).

most fun car to drive period.
By fitty on 08/09/05 10:25 AM (PDT)

2005 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VIII 4dr Sport Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I sold my 2005 Pontiac GTO and bought this and it blows the GTO away! I just purchased Buschur racing stage 1 and 2 and hope to have the car run in the low 12's. If you want after market parts the sky is the limit for this car. Great handling in the rain. Most fun car to drive period.