Used 2009 Mercedes-Benz CLS-Class CLS550 Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Mercedes-Benz CLS-Class Sedan - Consumer Reviews

CLS550 Sedan (5.5L V8 7-speed Automatic)

View reviews for a specific CLS-Class model:
Best looking car on the road and more
By go-n-fly on 11/04/09 22:33 PM (PST)

2009 Mercedes-Benz CLS-Class Sedan CLS550 4dr Sedan (5.5L 8cyl 7A)

Such a great looking car. Can only imagine what the CLS63 must be like. Somehow I'm getting 22-24 MPG on the highway. Both good and bad, it feels like a luxury car and not a sportscar.

Fun to drive sports sedan
By lion_king on 01/31/09 02:04 AM (PST)

2009 Mercedes-Benz CLS-Class Sedan CLS550 4dr Sedan (5.5L 8cyl 7A)

Before I chose my 2009 CLS-550 with AMG package, I test drove a 2009 Jaguar XF. XF is a nice looking car but the 1st minute I got into CLS-550, I knew that this is the one. CLS-550 has superior interior design, very comfort ride (both locally and on highway), its eyes-catching exterior makes CLS-550 no comparison in its class. Fun to drive.

Slick-looking luxury, fun and safety
By Charles Sutnick on 11/19/08 19:56 PM (PST)

2009 Mercedes-Benz CLS-Class Sedan CLS550 4dr Sedan (5.5L 8cyl 7A)

My 2009 CLS550 is a step down from my 2007 S550. But not by much. Same engine, same transmission, same COMAND system functions, same Harmon- Kardon logic 7 sound system (2 fewer speakers than the S550). Superb performance which you can customize six different ways" choice of Sport or Comfort transmission shifting, coupled with Comfort, Sport 1, or Sport 2 suspension and body control. You can also downshift the 7-speed transmission using the gear shift knob if you want. Navigation improvements for '09 include gasoline brand logos instead of the old pump logo. The iPod interface is now standard, The LED rear turn signals are eye catching. Rear headroom stinks.