2008 Mercedes-Benz C-Class - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific C-Class model:
Good but not as fun as BMW or Infiniti
By Scott on 09/21/07 23:01 PM (PDT)

2008 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C350 Sport 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

I like the new C class design its gorgeous. Nice car but not as much fun as the BMW, Lexus IS 350, Audi A4 or Infiniti G37 coupe. I was disappointed by the slow performance for a V6 with 268HP it felt very slow. Seats not that comfortable either. At least MB got the design right now they have to add more power and torque like BMW and Infiniti and Lexus. These all have over 300HP engines and are much quicker and more sporty than MB C350. But the MB has the best looks and styling so if you want looks and status the new C class is tough to beat. If you want sports luxury get a BMW, Lexus or Infiniti.

What a ride
By d of athens on 09/18/07 13:52 PM (PDT)

2008 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C300 Luxury 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 7A)

I traded my 2005 Acura tl for this car 30 days ago and am very happy with it. Looks good, rides good. 7 speed auto is very smooth and better gas mileage than my previous car.

Good bye Lexus!
By John on 09/17/07 19:22 PM (PDT)

2008 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C350 Sport 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

I bought an Artic White C350 with Light Grey and Black interior mid- August (premium II pkg and Pano-roof) Waited over a month but it was worth it! I got rid of my Lexus 2003 IS300 and am very pleased. It accelerates smoothly and quickly, I love the 7 speed transmission. The seats are extremely comfortable. It is so much quieter than my previous IS and even quieter than the new generation IS250/350. The ride is extremely smooth and I can not tell you how people have stopped me on the road and walking by to tell me how great this car looks! I have never owned a car that recieves so much attention!

Fantastic & Elegant
By Denver on 09/14/07 20:38 PM (PDT)

2008 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C300 Luxury 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 7A)

We just purchased a 2008. The vehicle is beautiful. The power is more than adaquate. With all of the safety options and driving control/traction we can't wait to use it in the snow as we travel in the Denver/Boulder area. This car will be our last "big purchase" for us for a long time. It has all of the features Can't lose with a Benz, however you also can't get a true "Benz" without adding the options and plan on spending over $45,000 when you are all done.

Great Car
By Bill on 09/13/07 23:33 PM (PDT)

2008 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C300 Luxury 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 7A)

My wife and I both wanted the C300 Luxury Sedan. We have had it a week and took it on the road this past week- end and love the ride, average 28.1 MPG, love the looks inside and out. We plan on keeping the car for a long time.

Turns a lot of heads!
By TJM on 09/11/07 14:47 PM (PDT)

2008 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C300 Sport 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I have a black on black C300 Sport. Everywhere I go people just rave about how it looks. It is very quick and the comfort is amazing.

Big step up for C-class
By lfbmdpc on 09/11/07 07:00 AM (PDT)

2008 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C350 Sport 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

Really lovely car. Very BMW like (taught suspension, excellent powerplant, good road view and road feel). Got the MB tex interior which feels a little cheap, but all told car is quite luxurious in a Germanic kind of way. While competition for this car is supposed to be the BMW 335i, I really think the better comparison is with the recent BMW E90 330i sedan with sport pkg. . Both cars are not speed demons, but are very entertaining as a daily driver and when the spirit moves you to carve up some road. As a middle aged man, I appreciate the ease of getting in/out of this vehicle and it's civilized demeanor around town. This car is now a viable alternative to the BMW 3 series.

A True Benz
By AtlantaJim on 09/04/07 15:47 PM (PDT)

2008 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C300 Sport 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

After driving the 3-series and IS 250, the Benz just offered more of a "best of all worlds" package. The BMW is a better performer and the Lexus has a touch more luxury, but the Benz has the soul of a sports car with the comfort of a luxury machine. The list of standard features is impressive, and I've never seen a car turn heads like this one.

Great Car
By ginonyc on 09/03/07 19:24 PM (PDT)

2008 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C350 Sport 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

I got this car several days ago and so far my experience has been great. Its fun to drive, looks sporty and definitely attracts a lot of attention. I think it will be a big hit with young drivers

Switched from BMW to Mercedes
By Tom in Phoenix on 08/28/07 17:01 PM (PDT)

2008 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C300 Luxury 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 7A)

After looking at the BMW 328i and the 2008 Mercedes Benz 300C, I traded my 2004 BMW 330i on the Mercedes. I am very satisfied with the decision. The MB is more pleasing to the eyes both inside and out. And for those who may be looking for a not so harsh of a ride, but firmer than a Lexus, this is the vehicle. MB did a great job with this new model. In my opinion, a better value for the money than the BMW 3 series.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.