Used 2008 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C350 Sport Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Mercedes-benz C-class - Consumer Reviews

2008 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan

View reviews for a specific C-Class model:

I Love This Car
By pebblebeach

2008 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C350 Sport 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

I was cross-shopping BMW 335i and Audi S4. When I drove the C350, I knew this was the car for me. Sure, it's not as fast as either the 335 or S4 but overall it is perfect. Mine has the P2 package, Multimedia package, Panarama sunroof, 18" rims and iPod adapter. There are more audio storage options than I could probably ever fill. The stereo is great and the build quality is fantastic. I love driving this car and everything about it. I have no regrets and do not miss having a BMW. I will keep this car for a long time. Drive it, you won't be disappointed.

Favorite Features

Multimedia package - love the navigation, Harmon Kardon stereo and the ability to rip CDs to the hard drive. I could spend all day listening to music in the car. The iPod adapter is great too because I can scroll through all my playlists and songs by name.

Suggested Improvements

Firmer and/or sportier seats with leather standard.

Hot Ride
By Fun Ride

2008 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C350 Sport 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

Looks, looks, looks. That's what the new C350 has going for it. I love the AMG styling, handling, and sportiness. Sometimes the suspension beats you up on PA potholes, but I'm used to driving a heavier car. It's lightening fast too. MPG is a bit low for a car, but performance makes up for it. Wish the interior was just a bit more posh vs. functional, but the new NAV is leaps and bounds ahead of old MB designs. Overall, I would recommend this car. It's a Mercedes, and surprisingly affordable vs the competition!! Go for it. Palladium Silver is a beautiful color.

Favorite Features

New NAV system, Looks in Sport/AMG wheel trim, Color Palladium Silver, Polished Aluminum wheels resist black brake dust vs. the other silver painted wheels that scar easily with the dust buildup. Wood is much better looking than Alum trim in C300 Sport.

Suggested Improvements

Make all MB wheels polished aluminum vs. painted silver. Holds up better. More posh interior. Make C350 in 4Matic. Up the cool quotient with LED taillights, etc to compete with BMW, Lexus, Infiniti.

I Guess I am not a Bimmer Guy Anymore
By Ximon

2008 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C350 Sport 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

Like every few years, it was time for me to upgrade my ride to the newest 330Ci BMW. (20 year 3 series BMW driver) Not this time After I hear the price and did a over all comparo with my new C350 MB; I can tell you guys that I made one of the best choices of my life. I am not even looking back. My MB gives me so much more features and options that would be extra in a BMW. Performance is not bad at all either Also, my experience at the MB dealership was so much better than at the new Snobby BMW dealer here in big D. I still can't believe I am writing a review praising the goodness of my former rival. I am so glad that I finally found "The Ultimate Driving Machine" after 20 years.

Favorite Features

Panorama Sunroof, Audio is great, temperature control in seats is precise, Ipod connectivity, love the interior, superb performance in "S" mode. Styling, over all size, Bluetooth option, comfortable seating roomy, Nothing says Classy like a Mercedes Benz no matter what class you drive

Suggested Improvements

a greater variety of cell phone support. memory seats, move the cruise control away from the turn signal control, nicer stock wheels, free maintenance for 4 years like others standard headlight washer nozzles. thumb print access, directional head lights, more precise tire pressure reader

Really Impressed!
By Steveman

2008 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C350 Sport 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

This is basically my wife's car. The extra .5 was just for me. I am blown away by the performance and handling of this small sedan. With traction control off, it will smoke the rear tires, and run to higth speed in short order. In fact, I'm taking to our local drag strip when it's broken in and the weather cools down to see what it'll turn. I know, I sound like a redneck, but who cares? I must mention that a bought this car with the 320 Multimedia Package, metallic paint, and I-Pod integration kit for 36K.

Favorite Features

My favorite is the engine. Look under the hood, and you'll notice a ram air induction system. Look at the front disc, and you'll notice cross drilled rotors with huge calipers grabbing those rotors. The 7-speed transmission is nearly industry leading, and aluminum pedals is really cool.

Suggested Improvements

I have a GL 320 CDI. The air ride on the GL is very smooth. The 350 is stiff, and doesn't handle road imferfections as well. Also, the interior is uses much cheaper materials, and it shows. But price point to price point, I think the C350 Sport Sedan is a real bargain, considering what I paid.

Mothers, you need to read this!
By thankfullmomof2

2008 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C350 Sport 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

Ok, let's get to the point. I see some reviews about the poor quality of this vehicle. It's not true! We got this vehicle a couple of months ago, I am a young mom (that was not about to drive a minivan around) with two girls ages 6 and 3. We were on the freeway one night, in the carpool lane when traffic suddenly stopped. With the great brakes in this car I was able to stop without hitting the car in front of me. But the car behind me was not so lucky. They plowed into us going approx. 70mph! Both of the people in that car (a Nissan Altima) passed away. We survived with minimal injuries. When the police arrived they credited the good build of the car. We paid less then $3500 to repair!

Favorite Features

Safe! Great family car if you want something stylish and fun to drive.

Suggested Improvements

None!