Used 2007 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C280 Luxury 4MATIC Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific C-Class model:

WOW what a car
By spratt3

2007 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C280 4MATIC Luxury 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

The C280 4matic has been a great car. Runs perfect in the snow! Treat yourself to a great ride. Service is a bit pricey. Handling is great. Gas is about 25MPG highway @72-75 MPH, 27PMG highway @60-65MPH, 20MPG, city. A few minor problems, but all in all I think you'll love the car like I do. see suggested improvements for problems I had.

Comfortable Interior, Seats adjust more ways than you need.

Don't park over the cement car stops. After a couple of times you'll pull off the front wheel liners. Cost under $100 to replace. The chrome on the drink holder falls off

Interior Electrical Problems
By Michael

This was my first purchase of a Mercedes. I've always been a Toyota man. Even though this was a used Mercedes C280 I thought the car was a great investment. However, I'm having electrical problems. First, the car unlocks when I'm driving. This is dangerous as I have my grandkids in the back seat many times. Also, the moon roof will not close all the way. I have to hold the button down until the window is closed. I'm bring this car back to New Country Motors hoping they can fix these problems.

I get 28 miles to the gallon highway and about 18 in the city. This is a fun car to drive. Plenty of room if you are short like me and my wife.

After 1 year
By Geek

I purchased a CPO 280 instead of a new C class, cost was not the issue thought the 2007 drove better. After 1 year and 15,000 I really like everything about this car. Ride is superb in all weather and it holds the road perfectly. Quiet, comfort, very good MPG and zero problems.

Ride, comfort make this car a joy to own and drive. The interior is nothing but high quality and the outside classic Mercedes

The new C-Class was in my opinion a step backward. The steering lost the German feel and appears more like a Chrysler.

Concern w/Transfer Case & future quality
By Henry W

Overall I like my C-280. I gave low quality rating b/c of my Transfer Case issue after only 3 yrs. Pros: Handles well in the snow, 27 mpg highway average, looks expensive Cons: Passenger head rest and rear view mirror rattles. To fix I have to keep head rest lowered when seat isn't in use and every so often have to adjust the mirror. Mile marker only does whole #s so can't tell when gone 1/2 mile. CD changer fills glove compartment. At 90K miles, the Transfer Case began making rubbing noise on tight turns. Would have been $500+ repair w/o CPO warranty.

Handles well in the snow, 27 mpg highway average, looks expensive

Minor issues: Improve passenger head rest and rear view mirror quality. Expand glove box so fits CD changer, mile marker only goes to whole #s so canít tell when you have driven Ĺ mile. Major issue: Improve Transfer Case quality

Incredible car!
By Mike L

I love this car. I just purchased as a certified pre- owned with only 9600 miles like new! I researched like crazy for my next car. I also looked at brand new Honda accords and BMW 1-series. I am so glad that I decided to buy my Mercedes c-class. Great pickup, luxury ride with a sporty feel as well. Solid build. Obvious quality. I give my highest recommendation!

comfort, ride quality, build quality, appearance

better gas mileage (getting about 20 MPG)