44,000 miles and stuck in 2nd gear
By sousame on
2006 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C230 Sport 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6M)
I have babied this car! freeway mostly easy on the gas pedal ext... first the trans would randomly be stuck in 3rd gear as im driving. I would have to stop turn the key off then restart. I was going to take it to the dealership soon but now i cant even do that it wont shift into anything but 2nd or reverse or park. very very very disapointed in this high dollar vehicle. will be even more so if there is not a recall on this. i didnt blow my bank account and pay cash for something that wont even last me 44,000 mile.... will update soon with my results....
Suggested Improvements
Transmission needs a recall this is ridiculous
By edouard27
on 02/28/12 12:11 PM (PST)

I have this exact same problem, but in the earlier stages, and my car has less mileage than yours. I took it to a "non-dealer" Mercedes qualified repair place and paid several hundred dollars. They essentially did nothing, and the problem persists. They were unable to duplicate or associate the error codes that the computer throws to whatever this problem is. The best I've been able to come up with is to leave the transmission in "C" rather than "S" mode. However, that may be a "superstitious" workaround; since the problem is intermittent, I can't really tell. I would prefer not to spend thousands of dollars fixing this problem by taking it to a dealer, but it po's my that this started happening right after the warranty expired.