Used 2007 Mazda 3 Sedan Consumer Reviews - 181 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 3 model:

Headlight Problems
By Brittany

2007 Mazda 3 Sedan i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I have had my car for three years this Feb. and so far, I'm content. However, I've had to replace my front headlights, two times each, and my tail light once; within a year! I'm really annoyed because the dealership charges $36 for the bulb and $40 for labor! Then they said bulbs only last a year's time. I'm not so happy with this. Plus, I've had instances where the driver's window wouldn't go up when I tried the first time. The second go around, it worked, but it becomes temperamental.

I love the dash board and the illuminating lights. I think it is a smooth, quiet, and enjoyable ride.

Excellent car but not for winter
By Happy Mazda Owner

2007 Mazda 3 Sedan i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I've been very pleased with my 2007 Mazda 3 Sedan. We had a lot of difficulty finding a car with decent MPG that my 6'4" boyfriend could fit in. This car has been a joy to own and over the last 2 years I've only had to replace the battery and do regular maintenance. She has been very reliable and I would change very little about her. I live in Montana and would not suggest this car for winter conditions if you drive much. We manage to get by using our second car for the worst days. Being 2 wheel drive, low to the ground and light in weight is not a combination conclusive to safe winter driving.

Excellent audio system (Bose package). Very peppy and fun to drive. I've had no real problems and have really enjoyed owning this car.

I wish there were a version with optional all-wheel drive (though that would reduce MPG). I would also like to have larger air vents for defrosting the anterior window and a rear windshield wiper. Finally, a trunk release on the key fob would be very handy.

a better compact car
By good car

2007 Mazda 3 Sedan i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Well my wife decided on the mazda 3. I believe it suits a female pretty good, although I've been driving the heck out of it lately(6'2 220lbs). It surely beats my jeep's(11-13MPG) getting on average 29-31 MPG. Its peppy with plenty of commuting power, not a race car though. Very comfortable and very stylish inside. Overall its a very good car to own and drive. Although I've been leaning towards the hybrids-45-50MPG. I'm commuting on average 200 miles a day with the mazda 3...OUCH!!! I strongly believe this car gets above average MPG for a car this size and non-hybrid.

great stereo, hands free radio, plenty of room

It really is a great car compared to its competitors(corolla,civic,etc)

Best Bang For Your Buck!
By Jaimie

2007 Mazda 3 Sedan s Sport 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

I purchased this vehicle brand new - 100miles of test driving. I fell in love with it the second I saw it and knew this car belonged to me the first time I drove it. It was a step down from the top line model, and it has been a great car. I keep up to date with the maintenance and it is pretty decent with gas averaging around 28-30mpg. It is always peppy and handles great. Not to add, the thing is a tank and really well built. I hit a truck drive shaft on the highway at 70mph and had no undercarriage damage - only a popped tire. Overall, the car has been great. I just hit 60k and thus far he's still trucking along. For a small car it definitely holds up. I am for sure a Mazda customer.

Sporty exterior. Large cargo/trunk and plenty of little hidden extra storage. Handles great. Love the car.

What Mazda did with the brand new 2010 Mazda 3 is exactly what I would have changed. Great car!

I have a Mazdaspeed3 and a 3 Sedan
By UHATEIT

2007 Mazda 3 Sedan s Sport 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

I personally own a Mazdaspeed3 hatchback and my wife enjoyed the sedan enough to want to get a sedan so we bought one. The interior on both is very nice and almost identical. My wife loves the look of this car and it is a very sport car with nice interior and looks on the outside. I had to add a rear wing to make it look sportier and upgraded my wife's interior lighting to LED's and upgraded her headlights to HID as well as upgraded the rims to 18-inch. The stock 16s are really ugly and too narrow so the fenders stuck out like crazy, adding wider and larger rims made a difference. Also the rearend is too high up so we had to install rear springs to drop the back down a bit to even it out.

Love the interior, looks almost the same as my Mazdaspeed3. The color choices for the sedan are awesome! We have Aurora Blue which is a beautiful color not available on the Mazdaspeed3 which really disappointed me that the MS3 had so few color choices. The sedan A looks great overall in and out!

I would suggest that they make the rearend look a bit sportier by lowering it 1/2 inch to even it out like the front so it doesn't look like a 4x4. Also, making options for lip kits would be nice as well. Also, some sportier wheel options and a stock rear spoiler would also work out well.