Used 2007 Mazda Mazda3 s Grand Touring Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

Most Helpful|
Good for the Money
By Sarah

2007 Mazda Mazda3 s Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

My 2007 Mazda 3 (manual transmission) is a fun and peppy little car. I have had several problems with this car, though. First, this car is horrible in the snow, and in the rain, too. I have feared for my life many times in this car. Second, although the Bose stereo system sounds great, the CD player has never worked properly. When I brought it to the attention of the dealership while the car was still under warranty, they said they couldn't see any problems with it. Now, the CD player does not work at all and they won't fix it. Also, the stereo buttons randomly fell off. Finally, I've had sporadic problems with the car not starting on the first try if it has been sitting in the rain.

Favorite Features

Good pick-up for such a small engine. Stylish. Rear seats fold down nicely so you can haul stuff around.

Suggested Improvements

Better traction in the snow. Less hydro-planing in the rain. Better quality CD system. Softer floor mats so they don't leave scratch-marks on my shoes.

This car Rocks!
By sword182

2007 Mazda Mazda3 s Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Bought this as my first brand new car back in '07. In the three years I have owned this car I have had no problems with it. I changed the oil and rotated tires, that's about it. The BOSE systems is pretty decent, but remember it is a stock system. I know a lot of reviews say this car sucks in the snow and rain, it doesn't if you have a good set of tires. The stock tires that came with this car were awful. I live in Colorado and snowboard religiously, I take my 3 up all the time and this car has never let me down. I did however go to tirerack and bought a 4 winter tires mounted on 16 inch wheels which fit the car well. This added the rubber needed for good traction in the winter.

Favorite Features

The interior, heated leather seats,Traction control, the suspension is great and handles like nothing else.

Suggested Improvements

A little more power in the engine but can't complain. Bluetooth and power seat would have been nice too.

Satisfied with room to improve
By Davey

2007 Mazda Mazda3 s Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car brand new and now have almost 50K on it. Only had one problem crop up so far with a bad sensor that ran me about $250 at the Mazda dealer. Never left me stranded. I took my stereo out and but in a JVC nav head unit. Great pick up for a 4- cyl 2.3 engine. comfy front seats and rear but short on leg room in the rear for 6 foot people. Truck is a decent size as well. Great chassis and suspension holds the road like nothing else

Favorite Features

heated seats, moonroof, the chassis and suspension, xenon lights, illumnation of the gauges, exterior styling i think is timeless love the leather but wish it came in tan instead of black. Clutch take up is very smooth

Suggested Improvements

my original tires (goodyear) lasted me 21K. i average 25 MPG with spirited driving. Could still use a little more power. Dealer network isn't as vast as domestics. The shifter has a rubbery feel to and sometimes you can miss a gear. The bose system is a joke, total waste of money.

Tons of features, short of the leaders
By Vince

2007 Mazda Mazda3 s Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Slow, very unresponsive engine below 4K. The 2.0 liter in my RSX Type S feels much stronger than the 2.3 in this. Handling is good when driven at 7 tenths, but gets sloppy when pushed to the limits. Very long list of features, but quality is extremely disappointing:driver's seat squeaks badly (driver is 100 lbs), dash rattles horribly, driver's side window slams into frame when rolling up and rear left door vibrates badly when opened and is extremely hard to shut. I now know why Mazda offers so many things on this car; it's b/c they cannot match Honda and/or Toyota in terms of quality and refinement.

Favorite Features

HIDs, leather/heated seats, aux jack, TPMS, exterior design, gas-shock trunk supports.

Suggested Improvements

Leather/heated seats, but no power seats? Come on... Power mirrors, but no heated mirrors? Get rid of electronic throttle, it kills the throttle response Quality control.

Best car for the money by far
By KCD

2007 Mazda Mazda3 s Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Purchased this car as a commuter: 90 miles round trip up the canyons. Power is great and gas mileage is amazing. We average 35mpg climbing 2500 feet to get back home. We looked at the Corolla and the civic and there was no comparison. We went with the Mazda because of reliability, power, and gas mileage. It is also a much better looking car. This is our second Mazda, we still own the first: a 1990 Miata with 100K miles on it.

Favorite Features

Power, gas mileage, design.

Suggested Improvements

Did not like the leather interior so we had custom leather put in. Paint is horrible. Scratches easily, but then again my wife insisted on Black. And the horn is super soft. You will get a better reaction yelling than honking the horn.