2007 Mazda Mazda3 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mazda3 model:
Still one of the better looking small sedans on the road.
By zramil on 06/30/13 05:01 AM (PDT)

2007 Mazda Mazda3 i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

The car is a great compromise between sleepy, although quiet Corolla and entertaining, yet loud and overpriced (for a used car) Civic. Very engaging ride, fairly precise handling, not the quietest ride but not as loud as Civic. Even though car is now 6 years old, it's still a very good looking model. Interior is very well thought out, excellent fit and finish - clean, functional, attractive. This generation is notorious for rust problems, half of 3s I see on the road have rust which decreases resale value. Other than that had no problems with the car. If you are looking for a good quality small sedan mazda 3 is a must see - great balance between performance, quality, value and looks.

100,000 Miles - Great Car
By cleaver on 02/01/13 15:19 PM (PST)

2007 Mazda Mazda3 i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

We've put 100,000 miles on this car. The struts are just now needing to be replaced. Other than that, we have simply changed fluids and replaced tires on this car. The original brake pads are still on it. For a $16,000 car, this was a bargain. It does everything a cheap car should do, plus some. The suspension is well-tuned and the steering doesn't feel dead in the driver's hands. It isn't a racecar by any means, but it is a driver's car that lets you know how the tires are working while you are driving. Gas mileage often over 30 in mixed driving. I'll keep buying from Mazda after this experience.

2007 Mazda 3
By ship_phi071 on 09/28/12 12:54 PM (PDT)

2007 Mazda Mazda3 s Grand Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Purchased this car 6 years ago, car has 50,700 miles on it. Overall it gets me from point A to point B, however I have had to replace brake cable, calipers, rotors and brakes as well as the rear and front supsension. Apparently this is a not uncommon issue with the vehichle. Car warranty should be better as well only 3 years 36K miles

Peppy Little Sucker!
By electrified on 07/05/12 15:06 PM (PDT)

2007 Mazda Mazda3 s Sport 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

We got this car brand new back in 2006. 6 years and less than 33,000 miles later (wasn't used often until the second half of ownership), this car is quite the joy! The 2.3L engine has plenty of get up and go w/ a perfectly sensitive throttle and brake pedal. Brakes bite really well, but seem to fade kind of quick with repeated use. 5AT works well, but don't expect it to be butter smooth. The ride is firm, but not enough to make lunch run back out. I've gotten 26 city/34 hwy. Handling is this car's best trait! Turn-in is EXCELLENT, with plenty of steering feedback and response. But I don't like the "floaty" feeling when taking corners spiritedly and there is a bump/ridge mid-corner.

Old Reliable
By feistyscot on 06/11/12 01:11 AM (PDT)

2007 Mazda Mazda3 s Sport 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I owned my 3 from brand new until a Mercury Sable tagged it in the right front strut tower and put an end to it at 99,000 miles. In that time it went to the dealer once when the telescoping wheel tightening nut came loose. That was it. Averaged 30-34 mpg of fun driving and I'm going to miss it.

Not My First and Certainly Not My Last Mazda
By boatracer on 05/10/12 14:11 PM (PDT)

2007 Mazda Mazda3 s Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I simply love me '07 Mazda 3S Touring Hatchback. I've had it since new and currently have nearly 65K miles on the odometer. This little car has been trouble free. It still performs like the day I bought it. It is incredibly practical and while not a station wagon, it does splendid duty for hauling gardening stuff, boat parts and even lumber (if you use the sunroof) I'm one of those people who service their car regularly - even moreso than Mazda suggests. Right now I'm trying to figure out if I want a new Skyactiv 3i or keep my '07 just to see how long it lasts. I'm a Mazda enthusiast (7 so far)

Lots of Power
By gigiaguy89 on 04/28/12 19:52 PM (PDT)

2007 Mazda Mazda3 s Touring 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

Nicely set up cockpit with well painted trim. Not a fan of the long front and super short back, but still has plenty of room in the backseat and trunk. Car has lots of power when it chooses to perform. Sometimes, it just wants to run sluggish, other times it wants to shift into the next gear harshly, but most times drives like it should. Very horrible on gas, but when you have a bozo trying to cut you off, it has enough power to keep them in their place (which is behind you). AC runs great and rain sensing wipers come in handy. Glove compartment is HUGE and there is plenty of places to put your little things.

Like a Wagon
By jjimbo on 01/24/12 00:48 AM (PST)

2007 Mazda Mazda3 i Sport 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

The 2007 Mazda 3i seems to have a great mix of speed, style, and sporty looks for it's class. The car is very fun to drive and looks double the amount that it was in 2007. Two flaws that the car has is the super stiff suspension that feels like a wagon on the open trail. The other problem is the body's integrity. The sheet metal is very soft and the plastic seems to be so cheap that it looses color after 5 years.

Great Little Car
By veritas66 on 12/02/11 19:13 PM (PST)

2007 Mazda Mazda3 i Sport 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this car with 34 miles on it during the summer of 2007 and now have 125,000 miles on the car. So far, it has been an excellent vehicle. Then only maintenance I have done is replace the battery and spark plugs at 80K and put in a standard k&n air filter when I purchased it. It gets oil changes every 7500 to 10000 miles with Mobile 1 and still has its original brakes! Now for the complaints, this car does eat tires, I have gone through three sets of summer tires and switch tires out every winter for studless. Thankfully I have only purchased one set of winter tires, and that has lasted me. Last complaint, drivers door lock sometimes doesn't work, but that is ok. No other problems.

Great value
By gogiboy on 11/12/11 10:53 AM (PST)

2007 Mazda Mazda3 s Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my 07 new in March of that year. In 4 1/2 years only scheduled maintenance was required. It has proven to be even more reliable than my previous Honda Civic over the same near 5-year period. The hatchback offers versatility and the engine is punchy while still offering respectable mpg. The interior quality compares favorably with other vehicles in this price category. You can probably pick up a decent used one in the $10K to $12K range depending on condition/mileage, which makes it a very competitive car in the small hatchback category. The 3 Hatch seems to offer that perfect mating of reliability and functionality with a small dose of sportiness.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.