2006 Mazda Mazda3 Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mazda3 model:
Zoom zoom
By Tiq on 07/26/06 09:13 AM (PDT)

2006 Mazda Mazda3 Hatchback s 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

For a 160hp pocket rocket, it makes ground really fast. This ride can hit 60mph at 3rd gear. It's effortless when climbing. Never doubt if a car pops in front of you and you have slow down or brake and it can accelerate right back with ease.

Great CAR!
By Mark of MS on 07/13/06 17:18 PM (PDT)

2006 Mazda Mazda3 Hatchback s 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I traded a 2003 Chevy Silverado in on this Mazda 3 5-door because the Chevy truck was the most uncomfortable vehicle I've ever owned. The Mazda 3 has a 2.3l inline 4-cylinder that has quicker zip than even my 6-cylinder truck had, and 30 mpg highway isn't bad. The drivers seat is very comfortable and all the controls are very easy to reach. I strongly recommend the 5-speed manual transmission for the most pep. Visibility is awesome in this vehicle. I drove a Toyota RAV4, Hyundai Tuscon, Mitsubishi Eclipse, Honda Civic (my second choice), and a Dodge Caliber before finally deciding the Mazda was the best choice. None of the other vehicles even come close in performance and visibility.

Almost perfect
By Alberto on 07/09/06 19:23 PM (PDT)

2006 Mazda Mazda3 Hatchback s Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

The 3 is an excellent blend of performance, economy, space, quality and style. On paper, comparisons to the Civic and Matrix seemed appropriate, but behind the wheel the 3 proved itself to have no peer in this price range. It seems more BMW 3 than Mazda 3, with the thoughtful blend of speed and comfort, the Teutonic feel of its controls and apertures, the wily blend of family-car and naughty-car. No, it's not perfect. Some things, I suspect, may be blamed on the marketing department, e.g. gouging us on the cost of the navigation system and the MP3 player. And a few things might be blamed on the engineers, such as the small sunroof and the lack of a 6th gear. But overall, outstanding!

A good value
By Steve on 07/06/06 11:00 AM (PDT)

2006 Mazda Mazda3 Hatchback s Grand Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I have only has the car a short time, but I am overall impressed. Good features for a compact car. I traded in a 2004 Acura TL because of financial reasons, and don't feel like I have given up a lot. I got the NAVI and Bose. I would like to be able to play MP3 CDs, but got the cassette deck to use an adapter for my iPod. Works fine. Much better utility than the TL. My complaints are lack of dead pedal, mats are lousy, and the brake and accelerator are a bit too close. I find the left side of my right foot hitting the brake when I put my foot on the gas or take it off. My TL had great cupholders (seems silly, but used every day, right?), but these are good too.

Fun to drive, stylish and fast
By rodolfo schalscha on 07/03/06 19:15 PM (PDT)

2006 Mazda Mazda3 Hatchback s 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Compared with other cars, I decided that is the best value for your money, very comfortable, quality, leather and sunroof a must. 5 speed manual transmission, one of the best.

Excellent Car!
By amco on 07/03/06 19:14 PM (PDT)

2006 Mazda Mazda3 Hatchback s Grand Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I have had my car now for 3 weeks and I am loving it! The look, feel, price, options and handling of the car leave little to be desired. Although the fuel economy on the 2.3 is not amazing, I am averaging 22.5 with some pretty lead footed driving (not too shabby). The utility of the hatchback is awesome, I cant believe how much you can cram in the back when the seats are down. The cockpit is one of the nicest around, and I love how the controls look at night. Overall, I am very happy with this car.

Fun to Drive, Handy to Have
By newToMazda on 06/27/06 19:17 PM (PDT)

2006 Mazda Mazda3 Hatchback s Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I've had a manual 3s Hatch now for exactly a month--it has 1300 miles. Reasonable mileage (26-27 on suburban errands). Excellent for doing U-turns into parking spaces, taking stuff to the county trash-pickup, and transporting model airplanes with wings attached. Very high quality of assembly.

Zoom!
By lonagarr on 06/20/06 15:59 PM (PDT)

2006 Mazda Mazda3 Hatchback s Grand Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I love mine! It handles so sweetly, and the sporty feel is unbelievable for a compact...which it doesn't really feel like at all. Strong, fast, tight...who could as for more?

In love from the first moment!
By Chris on 06/18/06 13:29 PM (PDT)

2006 Mazda Mazda3 Hatchback s Grand Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I replaced my 2003 Ford Ranger Edge with the Mazda3 and couldn't be happier. The Mazda3 is by far the most sport tuned compact in its class. No car can compare. I continue to be shocked by the performance from such an inexpensive compact car. The seats are firm but comfortable. The ride sound is a little louder than most but I was willing to compromise for the 17 inch wheels and sport suspension. My $19,000 car has more options, bigger wheels, better acceleration, better handling and the same reliability as my mother's $28,000 Honda Accord. You can't go wrong with the Mazda3.

I love my car
By J on 06/14/06 19:51 PM (PDT)

2006 Mazda Mazda3 Hatchback s Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I love this car so much...has so much pep for an economy sedan. It's extremely fun to drive...has great pickup on the highway and responds to steering input beautifully...manumatic is also fun to drive. I wasn't so happy with fuel economy, but then I realized that it's about 2/3 the size of my old Camry tank and that was why I wasn't getting as many miles to a tank. After doing the math, I now get in the mid to high 20s mpg, which I think is decent.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.