2006 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mazda3 model:
Poor gas milage
By lordmetalz28 on 11/21/11 20:13 PM (PST)

2006 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan s 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

although i love everything about this car. i bought it for the gas milage and the gas mileage is disgusting. so now im locked into a 5 year 13k mistake.

2006 Mazda 3
By Michele on 07/10/10 17:10 PM (PDT)

2006 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan s 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

The driving of this car is great, handles curves very well and is all around a very fun car to drive. Gets great gas mileage. First Mazda we have owned but it wont be the last. I purchased this car from Gerald Jones Mazda in Augusta, Ga. and used Charlie Royal. He was impressed me with all the ins and outs of the car and made the process very easy. I highly recommend him and this dealership to any one looking for a new or used Mazda. I can definitely say it wont be our last Mazda.

Gimme a break
By silver mazda on 11/08/08 10:08 AM (PST)

2006 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan s 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I like the car but the brakes are a problem. Sometimes the brakes go down to the floor, sometimes it feels like it is hitting metal and sometimes it feels like I am hitting an empty box. The dealer out of a courtesy changed the front pads only as they were worn 30 percent. The rear pads are worn 50% and they refused to change them. I will see if this repair helps with my problem. I never know when my brakes will go out on me.

Sporty - Reliable
By sclwkr on 09/26/08 11:08 AM (PDT)

2006 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan s 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

58000 mile on my zoom mobile. Needed tires @ 32000 mi. No other major issues. Gas mileage is 31 city/hgwy. 35 mpg going long on hgwy. To work & back daily 2.3 engine rocks. don't be afraid to rev. Great wet, ok in snow. Thank God for ABS. Minor probs: console intrudes somewhat for long trips. Odd oil filter to change. Floor mats look good but wore thru quick. Took off Toyo oems and put on Yokos. Sticks to curves. Sound system rocks. Sunroof a must. Golf clubs fit nicely in trunk. Highly recommend! ZOOM ZOOM ZOOM

Great Little Car
By erin on 04/04/08 08:24 AM (PDT)

2006 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan s 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I have had my mazda3 for about 2 years now, and have not really had any complaints. The original tires that came on it sucked in the rain and snow, but after putting new tires on it, have had no problems. I have put almost 40000 miles on it in over 2 years and do a lot of driving, and it definatly holds its own. I couldn't believe the pick-up that this little 4 cylinder car had! I definitely recommend these little cars to anyone who is looking.

Mazda3 S
By Shawn on 07/02/07 20:19 PM (PDT)

2006 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan s 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Have over 20,000 miles on it in a year and it has been great. Very well handling car. Can be sporty when you want it to be, but can also perform like an economy car when you want it to. I consistently get 31-35 miles a gallon on the highway (rated at 31).

lil red 3
By chadw on 03/09/07 08:49 AM (PST)

2006 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan s 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

The only thing you might run into is the manual gearbox. The tranny has a reverse lock out and if you are in fifth gear, every once in a while you won't be able to get into reverse at start up. Read the manual and it will tell you pop in N let off the clutch and retry. I was getting frustrated and now, no problems. It needs to recalibrate itself.

Fun little car with some problems
By Anna on 02/10/07 20:50 PM (PST)

2006 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan s 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my Mazda 3s in April 2006. About 3 months after I bought it, the brakes started squeaking, then about 5 months after I had it, the cd/time/temp display went out and I had to have it replaced, which took forever because they had to order the part; however it was under warranty. Also, be prepared to spend extra money for an oil change because it takes a special filter and oil that is an extra $20. The car does not handle well in snow or in hard rain. I really do like how the car drives and the way it looks, but I hope in the long run it will be a better car than it was this pass year.

Great Car
By J.P.G. on 02/09/07 09:41 AM (PST)

2006 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan s 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

This car is great in just about every aspect. I bought the car in Oct. of last year and I put on a a lot of miles. Around 100 miles a month. Since most of my driving is freeway miles, I get around 32mpg. On one tank of gas I average 420 miles for two days of driving. The car hugs the road like a true sports car and rounds corners as if on rails. I changed out the standard tires with Hankook low profiles. I actually get better gas mileage and improved performance. The interior space is about what I expected from a compact car. Interior design is very well laid out, spacious, and very nice. The sound system can rock the music with no problems. Large glovebox and trunk. I like the fold down seats.

ZOOM ZOOM!
By BigRed on 01/18/07 20:21 PM (PST)

2006 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan s 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I love this car! I traded in my 02 Focus for it, and would never go back to a Ford. This car is so much fun to drive, great gas mileage, and some people even thought it was a BMW!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.