Used 2006 Mazda 3 s Sedan Consumer Reviews - 35 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 3 model:

Poor gas milage
By lordmetalz28

2006 Mazda 3 Sedan s 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

although i love everything about this car. i bought it for the gas milage and the gas mileage is disgusting. so now im locked into a 5 year 13k mistake.

everything but the gas milage

gas milage

2006 Mazda 3
By Michele

2006 Mazda 3 Sedan s 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

The driving of this car is great, handles curves very well and is all around a very fun car to drive. Gets great gas mileage. First Mazda we have owned but it wont be the last. I purchased this car from Gerald Jones Mazda in Augusta, Ga. and used Charlie Royal. He was impressed me with all the ins and outs of the car and made the process very easy. I highly recommend him and this dealership to any one looking for a new or used Mazda. I can definitely say it wont be our last Mazda.

Everything about this car is great. It is just a nice as a BMW or Lexus

Just needs a trunk opener on the key chain

Gimme a break
By silver mazda

2006 Mazda 3 Sedan s 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I like the car but the brakes are a problem. Sometimes the brakes go down to the floor, sometimes it feels like it is hitting metal and sometimes it feels like I am hitting an empty box. The dealer out of a courtesy changed the front pads only as they were worn 30 percent. The rear pads are worn 50% and they refused to change them. I will see if this repair helps with my problem. I never know when my brakes will go out on me.

The radio. seats are comfortable, and A/C works great

Need improvement in gas mileage. We get less than 20 miles per gallon. The brakes need improvement.

Sporty - Reliable
By sclwkr

2006 Mazda 3 Sedan s 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

58000 mile on my zoom mobile. Needed tires @ 32000 mi. No other major issues. Gas mileage is 31 city/hgwy. 35 mpg going long on hgwy. To work & back daily 2.3 engine rocks. don't be afraid to rev. Great wet, ok in snow. Thank God for ABS. Minor probs: console intrudes somewhat for long trips. Odd oil filter to change. Floor mats look good but wore thru quick. Took off Toyo oems and put on Yokos. Sticks to curves. Sound system rocks. Sunroof a must. Golf clubs fit nicely in trunk. Highly recommend! ZOOM ZOOM ZOOM

Pick up is amazing. Looks great comin' and goin'.

More tilt wheel positions, better oem tires, key fob trunk release.

Great Little Car
By erin

2006 Mazda 3 Sedan s 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I have had my mazda3 for about 2 years now, and have not really had any complaints. The original tires that came on it sucked in the rain and snow, but after putting new tires on it, have had no problems. I have put almost 40000 miles on it in over 2 years and do a lot of driving, and it definatly holds its own. I couldn't believe the pick-up that this little 4 cylinder car had! I definitely recommend these little cars to anyone who is looking.

The sporty design, ride is comfortable, even when driving for long distances, and you can change stations and stuff on your radio by the steering wheel.

Different tires (mine came with toyo, and they were awful in rain and snow), the air conditioner takes a while to get cool when in hot conditions, needs more windshield wiper delays, and a trunk release on your keyless entry pad.