2005 Mazda 3 Consumer Review: Continually amazed by great pe

2005 Mazda 3 - Consumer Review

s 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

Continually amazed by great performance
By DARIN on

2005 Mazda 3 s 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

This car can be summed up in one word - tight. It is one well built car, and I knew this the minute I shut the door after the first test-drive. It drives circles around the Civic. The interior is roomy, and all the gauges are fun to look at. This car is the Swiss Army knife of cars, it can do so many things. Coming from a VW, this car is light years ahead of VW in performance, and reliability. Just in case, Mazda includes a 5 year, 50,000 warranty. The engine just purrs. I have a manual, and is it so fun and easy to shift. If you are looking for reliability, great looks, and some power to haul the family around with, the M3 is it.

Orange display colors, six disk changer (option) moonroof (option)Stereo controls on steering wheel. Comfortable seats, huge trunk.

The odometer took a little to get used to. I was used to 0 being at 9 o'clock, and 140 being at 3 o'clock. The 3's speedo goes from 7 o'clock to 1 o'clock. Putting 60 mph at about 8, which makes it really easy to speed. AC may be a little on the weak side
By dride
on 03/09/12 08:29 AM (PST)

3/09/12 Update: Turns out the M3 hasn't been very reliable for me. Now at 98,000 miles. I have had to replace two fuel pumps (one under waranty) but the one at 90,000 cost me $1,300.00. I've also had the brakes replaced twice, the ball joints replaced on each side ($700.00) and now the suspension needs to be replaced ($900.00). I have had regular oil changes every 5,000 miles and had all of the factory maintenance performed on schedule. It started to nickle and dime me at 90,000 miles. I also had to purchase snow tires as this vehicle was down right not drivable on the all weather tires in the winter. I will need a new clutch, water pump, and timing chain soon...$$$'s.