3,000 miles and counting....
By dwbinnwa on
2013 Mazda CX-5 Sport 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 6M)
As a 6 foot 4 inch man, I was worried about this vehicle. However a test drive proved I had nothing to fear. I can easily get in and out with plenty of room once nestled in the soft leather seat. The styling is impressive, with an aggressive looking nose and a well done interior. The sun roof, reverse camera, Bose sound system, and easy to collapse rear seats are also positives. This SUV isn't going to throw you back in your seat when accelerating, but it is quick enough for my purposes and haven't found myself wanting more.
Favorite Features
I must admit I didn't give much attention to the blind spot detector when researching this vehicle. However, it has been a tremendous feature that truly has saved me from disaster a couple of times. The bluetooth and SIRIUS has been handy as well. As to MPG, I've been happy with a combined 29 miles according to the in dash display. Compared to the truck I had (18 mpg) I'm in heaven.
Suggested Improvements
A special note to Mazda. You must, repeat must, design future CX-5's with lighting in the back hatch area. There is no way, without using my cell phone flashlight app, to see what in the heck I'm doing back there at night. Also, the less than amazing GPS system is something that could be upgraded. Also noticing that when letting off the gas when going down hill, the engine will ramp up the rpm for some reason....gonna watch that. Those are the only things I can think of that need attention. Overall, quite happy with my first Mazda purchase.
By groover1
on 03/19/13 15:19 PM (PDT)

There is a light in the hatch area. It's on the left side. I didn't see it at first, but for some reason, the switch is defaulted to off instead of the Door position. You just have to flip the switch to the middle and it will work like the other car doors.