1998 Mazda 626 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 626 model:
AWESOME CAR
By theyrmom on 06/23/11 01:28 AM (PDT)

1998 Mazda 626 Sedan LX V6 4dr Sedan

I bought this car new at the end of 1997 and I have almost 130,000 miles on it. I have the services done and the oil changed - that's it. I have had no major problems with this jewel. I have the automatic transmission, so I don't understand those who have had problems. Are they having their car serviced and oil changed? Anyway, I finally had to get a new battery after 8 years and the guy at my local service center was amazed that it was the original battery. I have had to finally get new tires. This is just a great car, I think I will keep it until it stops and it is not showing any signs of that anytime soon. It still drives like a new car. WOW!

Love my Mazda
By Boo on 05/24/08 04:56 AM (PDT)

1998 Mazda 626 Sedan LX V6 4dr Sedan

My mazda drives like a dream. I have a 97 automatic and should have blown up by now and OD out but won't quit . My 98 manual drives like a dream, interior is grey and sharp. It is a comfortable ride and with regular tune up gas mileage is still good. Love to just go for a ride or drive on pretty days.

Wonderful Sedan
By Harold on 01/06/05 11:26 AM (PST)

1998 Mazda 626 Sedan LX V6 4dr Sedan

Bought the car new. Now with 86000 miles I have only done oil changes, spark plugs, serp belt, and replaced the tires. Everything else is original. I love the 5 speed trans and excellent reliability!!!

Best Car I Ever Owned
By JGansauer on 09/21/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Mazda 626 Sedan LX V6 4dr Sedan

Without a doubt, the best car I ever owned. I gave my son this car a year ago for him to drive to work. Later, I sold him my truck and he returned the Mazda. I fully intended to trade it in for whatever it was worth, considering it had 122,000 miles on it. The moment I got in again, after a year, I realized I couldn't get rid of it. It was too reliable and too good a ride. I had a mechanic check it out. It only needed new spark plug wires. In 124,000 miles, besides the usual maintenance, only the water pump failed (at about 30,000 miles) which was under warantee. Well worth the $22,000 or so I spent on it.

not a problem yet
By laurel malave on 02/06/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1998 Mazda 626 Sedan LX V6 4dr Sedan

I enjoy this car, but I am just hitting the mileage point (after 55,000) where i may or may not have problems. For example, the weather stripping has come off the doors several times (and will not stay glued). Also, the doors are not latching shut as easily as they used to. I have to slam them hard to get them to shut. Otherwise, i have not had any significant repairs as of date, just normal maintenence. i love this car, but my family has outgrown it! Reccomended a excellent car for a family of four or less.

Never buy a Mazda 626
By on 10/29/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1998 Mazda 626 Sedan LX V6 4dr Sedan

Bought the car 1 year ago and recently, at 53,000 miles, the head gaskets went out. Mazda refused to assist in paying and will never buy another mazda.

Most Bang for the buck!
By outbreak on 10/14/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Mazda 626 Sedan LX V6 4dr Sedan

I've had this car for 4 yrs now and I can tell anyone who's looking for a new or used car that it is extremely reliable. I've done my oil changes every 6000 - 7000 miles and the car has always run flawlessly. The car is very clean and basic, not too much junk that will break that many cars tend to have. The interior ergonomics are perfect.

Lemon
By Rusty Wells on 04/17/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Mazda 626 Sedan LX V6 4dr Sedan

Automatic transmission had been a little rough (slight jerking) since day I bought the vehichle. Had the dealer check it out numerous times but said this was normal. After about 87,000 miles the entire transmission had to be replaced at considerable expense. Neither the Dealer nor the Manufacturor would not reimburse me, let alone share in the cost.

Good Car
By len on 03/14/02 12:33 PM (PST)

1998 Mazda 626 Sedan LX V6 4dr Sedan

Too much vibration when car exceed 70 mph. Driver seat too low.