Kia is stepping up to the plate.
By Eddie White on
2005 Kia Sportage EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 4A)
After careful planning and research, I finally bought my 05 Sportage (First one sold in Anchorage). I purchased the Black Cherry EX 4WD with the luxury package for a price of just over 22000. I was very skeptical about buying a Kia or any Asian vehicle (especially since I am from Detroit MI). However the reviews from the pros were considerably good. So after test driving one for myself, I felt I had to buy one (too hard to resist). The Sportage is done very well both inside and out and the luxury package makes it that much better. The engine has good pick-up and go when you need it too! Plus a ten year warranty that's unmatched by most. Kia steps to the plate with a home run hit
Favorite Features
My favorite features are the heated seats. It's cold up here in Alaska so those seats very much come in handy. I also like the Sportmatic shifter. Since they didn't offer a manual tranny for the EX, the Sportmatic shifter was the next best thing to have. The dual exhaust system looks tough!
Suggested Improvements
I would suggest that the mudguards be included with all the models (especially the EX). The engine is very nice but it could use a few more horsepower. They should also opt for an navigational system DVD player instead of the 6 disc CD/tape player. I guess I'm asking for too much though. :)