I've Been Waiting for a Jeep Like This
By Eric in California on
2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara 4dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)
My '97 Wrangler was stolen and I was forced to buy another SUV after a decade of loving my first Jeep. Boy am I glad I rented a car for months waiting for this Jeep to show up in CA. I loved my Jeep and it was tough to lose it, but my pain disappeared almost instantly once I test drove the '07 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara. I was hooked. It was far fancier. I never thought I would get into the comforts of this upgraded model, but they are easy to get used to. Four doors are awesome and extra cargo...I needed all along. Everyone that drives in my Jeep loves it. After a year I am still in the infatuation stage. Jeep did right on this one. Here's to another decade, or much longer I hope!
Favorite Features
Smooth and quiet ride, yet highly capable offroad; more room, perfect balance and not too big; interior is very nice, yet still a Jeep; upgraded sound is very good; flexible seats and configurations; Jeep's awesome good looks of Wrangler and guys stop me all the time to ask about it! A jaw dropper!
Suggested Improvements
Interior can scratch, but I have dogs and it is a Jeep; acceleration is a bit frustrating at first, but I bought an automatic. Anti-roll mitigation takes a bit getting used to if you are used to a stick and having total control on windy roads that you know well...the computer kicks in, but safer.