Used 2007 Jeep Wrangler Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Jeep Wrangler - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Wrangler model:

Most Helpful|
Shake, Rattle & Roll
By Rick Williams

2007 Jeep Wrangler X 2dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

The Brake Pads were shot @ 2000 Miles. I had to pay for a new set out of my own pocket. The cheapest brake pads I have ever seen. At 40 mph the front end will shake you out of the drivers seat. This folks is a brand new jeep. I can't seem to get any dealer to fix the shimmy. So I am selling it never to buy another jeep.

Favorite Features

Very pretty, easy to park.

Suggested Improvements

Fix the wheel shake and brakes.

I hate this vehicle
By Jasmine

2007 Jeep Wrangler X 2dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

It's loud, blows all over the road, has bad gas mileage, it's uncomfortable (forget long drives), and let me ask: WHY would an engineering flaw that causes the ever- so-common "death wobble" be tolerated by consumers?! I cannot believe Chrysler hasn't been sued over this! This is a dangerous vehicle and I will never buy American again. It's also a pain to take the top off and put it back on.

Favorite Features

Probably safe if you get hit (or if you lose control because of the wobble) because it's so heavy.

Suggested Improvements

Get rid of the death wobble. Go back to the engineering table.

Don't make 'em like they used to
By Corben

2007 Jeep Wrangler X 2dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

Cheap. Everything about the new JK Jeep screams cheap. As a previous owner of 2 TJs (1999 and 2004 models), here's a list of things that bugged the hell out of me on the 2007 JK model. -Neither front seat flips up. The 1999 model, both seats rocked forward to allow easier access to the rear seat. The 2004 model, only the front passenger seat did so. The 2007, neither did making it extremely difficult to get into the back seat. -Rear window on soft top attaches with plastic clips which work poorly. The TJ models had the clips manufactured into part of the body. -Cheap feel to the whole vehicle. 2" speakers jut out of the dash - tacky. -Bumpers look cheap, crumple under a small rub.

Favorite Features

Brand name, which is sullied by this entry into the market. Might as well bring back the square headlights from the YJs. I loved getting 14 mpg! (Not)

Suggested Improvements

Go back to the TJs, implement hybrid technology, and maybe I'll look at a Jeep again in the future. /jeep wave off

don't buy it
By Starla

2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited X 4dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

Absolutely hate this vehicle. It has only 14000 km on it and already has two recalls, one for sudden egine failure which lasts about 5 seconds then starts back up, the second with the electronic brake control causing a delay in braking, which I did not even receive a recall notice for but found out from my dealership when I phoned about a third proble. Sudden acceleration up to 125 km for unknown reason. i have returned it to the dealer and am waiting to see what they are going to do. This is not a safe vehicle to drive!!!

Favorite Features

outside exterior appearance

Suggested Improvements

reliability

Jeep JK Oil burning
By cmik10121

2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara 4dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

2007 4 door 4x4 automatic V6. This thing is a slug off road and in town. Freeway speeds 70 MPH plus it feels like it is at home. Trail rated....ha. Burns about a quart of oil every 1000 miles since 22000 miles. Got 58000 now and seems to be getting worse. It always has clean oil in it cause you have to add so much. No smoke, no drips on garage floor, no visible oil on the engine of underneath the jeep. Chrysler says it is normal and will do nothing about it. I got other vehicles with over 200K miles and might burn 1/2 quart 7500 miles. Not satisfied with this and will never buy another Chrysler product again. I wish someone else owned it... Search internet...comon problem.

Favorite Features

Looks good.

Suggested Improvements

Fix the engine so it does not burn so much oil. Engine needs more pep for a 4x4. Improve cheap interior materials (dash and other areas) scratch easily. Fix rattles - mine sounds like there is a couple of thick peices of steal inside the body bouncing round when you cross rail road tracks. Way to many RECALLS...I had it at the dealer 12 times for recalls. If I had know all this...never would have purchase this unit... dealer has been no help at all with problems.