Used 2007 Jeep Wrangler Consumer Reviews - 182 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Jeep Wrangler - Consumer Reviews

2007 Jeep Wrangler

View reviews for a specific Wrangler model:

Don't do it!
By Chest

2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara 4dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

This is the worse purchase I've made in a vehicle. It's been in the shop 3 times! It left me on the side of the road one too many times. The engine light has come on twice already. The engine needed a lot of work. Hey, guess what? The engine light is on again! This time it is for the cat converter efficiency. How the heck does a cat converter go bad in two years! The dealer will fix at no charge, but I am waiting for the next time the "check engine" light comes on. Maybe a couple weeks? I hate this vehicle. I will never again buy American!

Radio works good.

Spend the time to do the engineering the right way. Build a reliable vehicle.

A blast to drive!
By Cody

2007 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 2dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

I love my Jeep! This is the first one I have owned, but when I was little mom had one. It deff takes me back 20 years and I love it as much now as I did then! Door off, top down is the best! Not a lot of power in this little Jeep but I didn't buy it for that. Handling is really good and ride quality is surprisingly great!

The ride quality and open air! Those are my 2 fave parts. Plus with fuel mileage around 18-19, I can't complain.

Power. The 202hp engine feels more like 02hp. Could use about 50 more ponies under the hood.

My 3rd Jeep Wrangler, love this one
By Jeff

2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited X 4dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

This is my third Wrangler and my first 4 door. Excellent handling on the road but have already been stuck off road, something that never happened in my 2 door. But the family loves the extra room and comfort and it tows my boat much better. Love the easy to use top but have had some leaking in heavy rain. With top down the seatbelt vibrates loudly. Really miss my In line 6 engine as the 07 seems underpowered at times and reves high. Over all though this is a great vehicle with high marks in styling and curb appeal. With the top down on a sunny day it just can't be beat. Remember the Jeep Wave when you are out and about.

Convertible top is easy to use. Style and curb appeal. Tows well. Comfortable cabin with lots of room and love the power windows and locks. Goes anywhere and you enjoy getting there in a Jeep.

Engine power NEEDS an upgrade. Vibrating seatbelt. Seatbelt latch also is scratching the door panel when removed.

So far so good.
By brian185

2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara 4dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

A previous Jeep owner I was excited to move up to the 2007 4 door and it has not disappointed. I'm approaching 60,000 miles without a single mechanical or quality issue. Even the tires are still the original and I'll bet I get the rest of summer out of them. Obviously I travel alot and I also pull a fairly large trailer for my business so this Jeep is worked hard. It's not a sports car but I find the power to be more than enough, even when towing. I love this Jeep and will continue to buy this vehicle for a long time. Just thought it would be helpful to review after 60,000 miles. Good luck.

Reliable work horse that is too much fun especially with the top down. Killer stereo, better than my wife's Mercedes.

Would like hands free u connect

Love it...but worry
By Ben

2007 Jeep Wrangler X 2dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

This is my 4th wrangler. I have had this one for 2.5 years. Maintenance so far is 2 recalls, rear brakes at 18,000, electrical problem with ESP light, new exhaust, wheels are starting to rust, and a mystery rattle from under the jeep which took 4 trips to the shop to fix. I absolutely love driving it, but going to the shop so many times has become a bit tiresome. I have thought about getting rid of it for something of better build quality, but then I get behind the wheel and I just can't do it. I do worry how much this thing it gonna cost me once it's off warranty. 31K miles so far, I hope the kinks have been worked out. Gas mileage is about 19MPG, and that is mostly back road driving.

It's a wrangler.