2007 Jeep Wrangler Consumer Reviews 3

2007 Jeep Wrangler - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Wrangler model:
07 Wrangler X
By JTM in TN on 01/27/10 13:03 PM (PST)

2007 Jeep Wrangler X 2dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

Love the Wrangler. It has been very reliable and fun to drive. It is LOUD on the interstate, but that is not what it was designed for. Top is down and doors are off as much as possible during warm weather. It could, however, use more horsepower. Almost dangerously underpowered at times.

Best thing on four wheels
By Leo on 01/22/10 12:00 PM (PST)

2007 Jeep Wrangler Sahara 2dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

This is my second Jeep, the previous one was a TJ. This is a far better machine. I just love it, soft top in the summer and hard top for the winter. I had no problems with starting it in -35C temperatures. It gets really cold here in Northern Alberta. It heats up quickly and the interior is quite warm. Would I buy another one, definitely. The only drawback is lowering the soft top, it's a pain and takes about 10 minutes or so, but once done, what a fun vehicle to drive. What can I say, I just love it.

JEEP IS MY LIFE
By ABUHAMAD on 12/24/09 05:54 AM (PST)

2007 Jeep Wrangler X 2dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

This is my second jeep Wrangler in my life, Its noisy on long trips but even though i drive it every where and all the time. and no plan of having any other 4X4 except this. It looks more great when the hard top is off, gives u the feeling that ur the Hero and that nobody else enjoy the weather like u do. Its powerful and gives u everything that u need in off roads.

love the looks, hate the handling
By zmt214 on 11/20/09 02:45 AM (PST)

2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited X 4dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

This is my second wrangler, my first was an 01 sport automatic(this one is manual) that I had lifted and loved it, besides the acceleration. I recently lifted this jeep 4 inches and put some 35s on it. it looks great but rides terribly. my first jeep rode about 10 times better with the lift, but this one seems the exact opposite. well, it is worse but it wasn't great to start with. it is a very bouncy ride, riding on the interstate is almost terrifying especially when even a slight curve comes up, lousy acceleration and i HATE the death wobble. I haven't had any mechanical issues yet with this vehicle but it is my daily driver and it couldn't be any worse of a choice in the way of comfort.

Its a Jeep Thing...
By Paddy's on 11/12/09 14:50 PM (PST)

2007 Jeep Wrangler X 2dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

All in all, a great vehicle which is very fun in the summer sun and great in winter snow. Minor complaints include leaky driver-side door (which I've heard from almost every other Wrangler owner), extremely difficult entrance/exit of backseat (I took my backseat out b/c it was pretty much inaccessible),and rough ride. Those things aside, I would recommend it to others.

Toy on wheels - simply love this truck!!
By Ed from Charlotte on 10/20/09 21:36 PM (PDT)

2007 Jeep Wrangler Sahara 2dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

My conservative friends thought I was nuts when I leased this vehicle, after all they used to see me driving Lexus or at least a Tahoe. But I was looking for a car that has these 3 qualities: 1. Fun to drive, manual and 4-wheel; 2. Convertible (to take advantage of sunny weather); 3. Has towing capability. I did not want to buy Jeep, because I knew this maker is not a reliable one. And that's why I leased it. To my big surprise, I had not had any problems with the car in 30 mo, and the latest Consumer Reports show very high reliability ratings for Wrangler. Jeep really did an excellent job on re- designing this model. What a huge difference comparing to a previous Wrangler they used to make!!

Great, but leaky
By Starseed on 10/13/09 18:48 PM (PDT)

2007 Jeep Wrangler Sahara 2dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

I've had my Wrangler for about 2.5 years now and I have to say I love it. The only real complaint I have is about the tops. I have both soft and hard tops and they are put together very badly. I've brought it into the shop for top at least 8 times now. 5 of those are for water leaks. They have not real way of stopping them, just a short term "oh the weather stripping is crushed" blah blah blah. I will never buy a new model year again.

Awesome Vehicle !
By Gymshark on 09/01/09 14:48 PM (PDT)

2007 Jeep Wrangler X 2dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

This is my second Wrangler first was a 1995..sold it and now bought a 2007 with only 12,000 miles. The Wrangler is my weekend fun machine. The ride is comfy and stereo is awesome. The top is way easy to drop and put up. I upgraded the wheels and tires, not the suspension because it doesn't need it in my opinion. I don't extreme off road. The new design is by far the best because it's still looks the same just bigger and better than previous years.

Don't do it!
By Chest on 08/24/09 18:52 PM (PDT)

2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara 4dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

This is the worse purchase I've made in a vehicle. It's been in the shop 3 times! It left me on the side of the road one too many times. The engine light has come on twice already. The engine needed a lot of work. Hey, guess what? The engine light is on again! This time it is for the cat converter efficiency. How the heck does a cat converter go bad in two years! The dealer will fix at no charge, but I am waiting for the next time the "check engine" light comes on. Maybe a couple weeks? I hate this vehicle. I will never again buy American!

A blast to drive!
By Cody on 08/20/09 20:25 PM (PDT)

2007 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 2dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

I love my Jeep! This is the first one I have owned, but when I was little mom had one. It deff takes me back 20 years and I love it as much now as I did then! Door off, top down is the best! Not a lot of power in this little Jeep but I didn't buy it for that. Handling is really good and ride quality is surprisingly great!