Used 2007 Jeep Wrangler SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Jeep Wrangler SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Wrangler model:

don't buy it
By Starla

2007 Jeep Wrangler SUV Unlimited X 4dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

Absolutely hate this vehicle. It has only 14000 km on it and already has two recalls, one for sudden egine failure which lasts about 5 seconds then starts back up, the second with the electronic brake control causing a delay in braking, which I did not even receive a recall notice for but found out from my dealership when I phoned about a third proble. Sudden acceleration up to 125 km for unknown reason. i have returned it to the dealer and am waiting to see what they are going to do. This is not a safe vehicle to drive!!!

outside exterior appearance

reliability

Jeep Rocks!
By DPV

2007 Jeep Wrangler SUV X 2dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

This is an excellent offroad vehicle that transitions onto the road very nicely. If it is you and one other person the two door is perfect and has plenty of room for gear. Offroad capabilites are outstanding. The freedom top is great and have had no problems with any leakage since buying it and I remove the top all of the time and wash with a power washer. There is lots of power as long as you know how to drive a stick. Gas mileage is better than expected with 19.5 average city driving and I've gotten up to 23 mpg on the highway. 4-low is a beast! No hill is to steep, no trail to rough, and it is still as quiet as when I first bought it almost six months ago.

Freedom top, the infinite stereo is outstanding. The stability systems work very well on the road.

The interior plastic scratches too easy, protectant has helped this out somewhat.

My first Jeep
By sonsofpar

2007 Jeep Wrangler SUV Unlimited Sahara 4dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

Very comfortable to drive and on long trips. Nice styling and features, I thoroughly enjoy driving it. I have mixed city/highway driving and am averaging 20MPG- above estimates. Really nice stereo on my sahara unlimited version. Storage is good. I have a family of 5 with one in a child seat. We can all fit and have room in the back for our gear. On the negative- I have the hard tops and they leak, 4 trips to the dealership for the 'water doctor' and they can't get it straight- 28K is too much for a vehicle that drips water on you . Starter sticks and blinckers will sometimes not disengage. Only 5k and lots of squeeks and rattles. Brakes squeak loudly

Styling, appearance, wheels (18inch), stereo with sirius. Love cruising with the t-tops off

No power mirrors but power everything else. Upgrade the interior, cheap plastic. Lots of wind noise on my hard top. Insulate the hardtop, a sunny day will radiate a ridiculous amount heat down on your head. Engine underpowered.

Best Wrangler Ever
By jmontgomery123

2007 Jeep Wrangler SUV Unlimited Rubicon 4dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

I have 15,000 miles on my Unlimited Rubicon and I love it. It's fun, it pulls my boat, carries wife and kids, and protects us all with electronic stability controls. No complaints whatsoever.

The ABS, taction cntrol, sability controls, and brke asist, among other electronics, plus the stock lockers, and disconn sway bar means I can play from day one. And feel safe letting the wife and kids ride along!

Needs a few more interior refinements...but Ilove it just like it is.

Rubicon Unlimited
By jeff clifford

2007 Jeep Wrangler SUV Unlimited Rubicon 4dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

Horrible on fuel and surprising lack of power. Probably due to the large tire size and it aggressive nature. The door locks automatically lock when you put the vehicle in drive but only the drivers door unlocks automatically after being placed in park. This is extremely annoying with children and retrieving items from other doors. All things considered, we do love this vehicle and its a joy to drive on a nice summer day w/ the top down. We would certainly buy it all over again as in our case as a second vehicle.

Its abilities on rugged terrain. The ability to remove the hard top yet have a soft top for the summer driving season. Its rugged looks and feel!

Again, the door locks not unlocking to retrieve items once the vehicle is placed in park. Lack of power on pavement.