2007 Jeep Wrangler - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Wrangler model:
Too many problems
By dj9281 on 05/12/13 08:17 AM (PDT)

2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited X 4dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

Jeep just hasn't made the decision to get on top of the complaints that have been around for decades. So, this is my fourth and last Wrangler. Unless you need a vehicle that can be towed behind a motorhome, check the FJ Cruiser. It appears superior in almost every way.

unhappy customer
By rdegaris on 04/08/13 18:51 PM (PDT)

2007 Jeep Wrangler Sahara 2dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

I love everything about the JEEP except the steering damper which is a flaw that JEEP recognizes but will do nothing about it. I am on my 2nd out of pocket expense even when I purchases the care plus extended warranty. Called JEEP and they could only say sorry for your problem. I think it is crazy for them not to send behind a product.

Jeep JK Oil burning
By cmik10121 on 01/05/13 20:03 PM (PST)

2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara 4dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

2007 4 door 4x4 automatic V6. This thing is a slug off road and in town. Freeway speeds 70 MPH plus it feels like it is at home. Trail rated....ha. Burns about a quart of oil every 1000 miles since 22000 miles. Got 58000 now and seems to be getting worse. It always has clean oil in it cause you have to add so much. No smoke, no drips on garage floor, no visible oil on the engine of underneath the jeep. Chrysler says it is normal and will do nothing about it. I got other vehicles with over 200K miles and might burn 1/2 quart 7500 miles. Not satisfied with this and will never buy another Chrysler product again. I wish someone else owned it... Search internet...comon problem.

Top still leaking
By dave456 on 11/28/12 21:11 PM (PST)

2007 Jeep Wrangler Sahara 2dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

I like my jeep, It does everything I would expect a jeep should, My problem is the Freedom top seals. I have had it in the dealer 8 times to get the same thing fixed. Every time they tell me its all fixed. I get back on the road and the whistling starts around 50 mph. I parked in my driveway 4 days ago and didn't notice when it started raining. By the time I went out to get it in the garage (4 hrs) I had a half inch of water on each side of front. Ive had heaters and fans going for 4 days now. I think is dry. I wish I could get rid of that top and get a real hard top (not a freedom top) or at least get the dealer to fix it.Dave Rushmer

2007 Jeep JK Wrangler Rescue Green
By skenjr on 08/15/12 13:03 PM (PDT)

2007 Jeep Wrangler X 2dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

I purchased my 07 Jeep JK Wrangler new. It came with a soft top. After 5 years and 105k miles, I've had relatively few problems. Overall, I've been very pleased. It's fun to drive, still looks great, & holds it's value. My few issues are summarized below: 1.) The highway noise is extreme. To the point, that I can't talk to people in the jeep with me. It's a soft top, so I guess that's expected, and I don't drive on the highway that often. 2.) The soft top leaked above the driver's side door. I took it in and the dealer fixed it. They said the plastic harness warps in the Missouri extreme weather...so they replaced it. 3.) At 100k, it's starting to burn oil. No smoke, no leak.

High Oil Consumption
By trixie8 on 02/04/12 07:00 AM (PST)

2007 Jeep Wrangler X 2dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

Good car, very poor build quality and Chrysler will not stand behind fixing engine issues.

WILL ALWAYS HAVE @ LEAST ONE IN MY GARAGE!
By traveler55 on 12/25/11 16:30 PM (PST)

2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited X 4dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

Was very hesitant to buy American, as I am a devout Toyota guy, but the new FJ Cruiser didn't offer everything I wanted(especially a soft top). Also neede more room inside, so the new unlimited fit the bill. Bought it used in 2010 w/27,000 mi. on it. Have only had to do normal maintenance so far on it. Brakes, oil, belt, fluids, etc. I am big on preventative maint. anyway, so hopefully I won't have too many issues that are unexpected. I also tow a tent camper with it, and it tows very well. Gearing is for off-road, so it shifts a little more than a pick-up, etc., but all-in-all, tows well. By the way this is an automatic, but wasn't a choice. .Wife can't drive stick. Oh well.

Death Wobble Unacceptable!
By k7su on 05/29/11 13:19 PM (PDT)

2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited X 4dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

I purchased a pre-owned 2007 Jeep Wrangler X Unlimited in Feb.2011 with 16,000 miles. About a week later the front end would go into a bad shimmy when I hit a little bump. It was out of warranty so I took it to a local 4x4 suspension shop. He knew all about the death wobble. We tried a heftier steering damper, new cam bolts, rotating and balancing tires...nothing fixed it. I read about it on the forums after it happened to me and saw the problems with the death wobble so I figured it was pointless for me to try to spend more money on it. I traded it for a Toyota 4Runner. Too bad Chrysler. That was my 7th Jeep product. No more for me!

almost a home run
By tangoromeo on 12/31/10 05:48 AM (PST)

2007 Jeep Wrangler X 2dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

With only minor improvements (2 1/2" lift kit, 33" tires, and a 10,000 lb winch), I have used and abused this Jeep for everything I could imagine doing in a vehicle. It's pulled tree stumps, dragged an F350 out of the mud, driven through flooded areas and snow, and it never quits on me.

Don't make 'em like they used to
By Corben on 12/04/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2007 Jeep Wrangler X 2dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

Cheap. Everything about the new JK Jeep screams cheap. As a previous owner of 2 TJs (1999 and 2004 models), here's a list of things that bugged the hell out of me on the 2007 JK model. -Neither front seat flips up. The 1999 model, both seats rocked forward to allow easier access to the rear seat. The 2004 model, only the front passenger seat did so. The 2007, neither did making it extremely difficult to get into the back seat. -Rear window on soft top attaches with plastic clips which work poorly. The TJ models had the clips manufactured into part of the body. -Cheap feel to the whole vehicle. 2" speakers jut out of the dash - tacky. -Bumpers look cheap, crumple under a small rub.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.