Used 2007 Jeep Wrangler Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Jeep Wrangler - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Wrangler model:

Too many problems
By dj9281

2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited X 4dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

Jeep just hasn't made the decision to get on top of the complaints that have been around for decades. So, this is my fourth and last Wrangler. Unless you need a vehicle that can be towed behind a motorhome, check the FJ Cruiser. It appears superior in almost every way.

Favorite Features

Visual appeal, off-road capabilities, capable of being towed behind a motorhome.

Suggested Improvements

Poor handling, dismal power, choppy/noisy ride, "death wobble," rear wiper system (can't just replace wiper, must replace whole assembly), rear swingout door has no catch so constantly closes on you, doors have to be slammed to close, hardtop and doors difficult to remove, overpriced.

unhappy customer
By rdegaris

2007 Jeep Wrangler Sahara 2dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

I love everything about the JEEP except the steering damper which is a flaw that JEEP recognizes but will do nothing about it. I am on my 2nd out of pocket expense even when I purchases the care plus extended warranty. Called JEEP and they could only say sorry for your problem. I think it is crazy for them not to send behind a product.

Suggested Improvements

JEEP should stand behind their product and cover normal repairs.

Jeep JK Oil burning
By cmik10121

2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara 4dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

2007 4 door 4x4 automatic V6. This thing is a slug off road and in town. Freeway speeds 70 MPH plus it feels like it is at home. Trail rated....ha. Burns about a quart of oil every 1000 miles since 22000 miles. Got 58000 now and seems to be getting worse. It always has clean oil in it cause you have to add so much. No smoke, no drips on garage floor, no visible oil on the engine of underneath the jeep. Chrysler says it is normal and will do nothing about it. I got other vehicles with over 200K miles and might burn 1/2 quart 7500 miles. Not satisfied with this and will never buy another Chrysler product again. I wish someone else owned it... Search internet...comon problem.

Favorite Features

Looks good.

Suggested Improvements

Fix the engine so it does not burn so much oil. Engine needs more pep for a 4x4. Improve cheap interior materials (dash and other areas) scratch easily. Fix rattles - mine sounds like there is a couple of thick peices of steal inside the body bouncing round when you cross rail road tracks. Way to many RECALLS...I had it at the dealer 12 times for recalls. If I had know all this...never would have purchase this unit... dealer has been no help at all with problems.

Top still leaking
By dave456

2007 Jeep Wrangler Sahara 2dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

I like my jeep, It does everything I would expect a jeep should, My problem is the Freedom top seals. I have had it in the dealer 8 times to get the same thing fixed. Every time they tell me its all fixed. I get back on the road and the whistling starts around 50 mph. I parked in my driveway 4 days ago and didn't notice when it started raining. By the time I went out to get it in the garage (4 hrs) I had a half inch of water on each side of front. Ive had heaters and fans going for 4 days now. I think is dry. I wish I could get rid of that top and get a real hard top (not a freedom top) or at least get the dealer to fix it.Dave Rushmer

Favorite Features

Its a jeep.

Suggested Improvements

Get rid of the freedom top and go back to a good quality top.

2007 Jeep JK Wrangler Rescue Green
By skenjr

2007 Jeep Wrangler X 2dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

I purchased my 07 Jeep JK Wrangler new. It came with a soft top. After 5 years and 105k miles, I've had relatively few problems. Overall, I've been very pleased. It's fun to drive, still looks great, & holds it's value. My few issues are summarized below: 1.) The highway noise is extreme. To the point, that I can't talk to people in the jeep with me. It's a soft top, so I guess that's expected, and I don't drive on the highway that often. 2.) The soft top leaked above the driver's side door. I took it in and the dealer fixed it. They said the plastic harness warps in the Missouri extreme weather...so they replaced it. 3.) At 100k, it's starting to burn oil. No smoke, no leak.

Favorite Features

I just disappears. I've read on sites that this is "common". The dealer is going to change the piston rings this week and hopefully that will help/fix the issue.