2007 Jeep Patriot SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Patriot model:
Very Happy
By ksandlin on 12/09/07 07:34 AM (PST)

2007 Jeep Patriot SUV Limited 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Tested the 2.0L which was totally under- powered - 2.4L is a must. Leather interior, nice instrument cluster, sunroof, and Sirius give a luxurious feel to a very affordable SUV (dark interior with silver metallic accents). Mileage is averaging 22-24, though small tank is a little annoying. Lifetime powertrain warranty is a winner. Fun to drive!

Better than expected
By miltyo on 12/01/07 18:01 PM (PST)

2007 Jeep Patriot SUV Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

There were trepidations about the CVT automatic but they weren't justified. The car runs very smoothly. I came to the Patriot from a Grand Cherokee so I was prepared for a letdown that never ocurred. Gas mileage is near 23mpg. With this fuel economy the small capacity (13.5) tank is no issue. The amenities are good, and the VIC is better than on my Grand Cherokee. I have just a 1000 miles on this baby and it keeps surprising me in the most pleasant ways.

Great SUV
By Samster3 on 11/21/07 07:59 AM (PST)

2007 Jeep Patriot SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased my Jeep Patriot a month ago and absolutely love it. This is an ideal SUV for someone who wants it to look great, get solid gas mileage and be able to lug stuff around town or on trips. I would recommend the Patriot to anyone, in fact, my in-laws are looking at one this week!

Fuel Efficient SUV?
By VAbaby on 10/16/07 22:04 PM (PDT)

2007 Jeep Patriot SUV Sport 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I've owned my Patriot now for a month and a half and have 2500 miles on it. I love it so far and have taken one summer trip to the beach. This is a great SUV for fuel economy and price! I only wish they had given me cruise and a smarter VIC. I got a good amount of features and it makes for a great car. Love the headroom being 6' tall and the dash is great! Lots of little storage places and I love the solid rear storage floor rather than a stain-possible cloth. A must have for compact SUVs.

Price + Utility = awesome
By JohnWayne on 10/16/07 18:55 PM (PDT)

2007 Jeep Patriot SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

We were originally looking at an "extended sedan" Malibu Maxx. This has almost identical interior space numbers, almost identical MPG numbers, plus two numbers that put the Jeep on top: 4x4. For pennies more than the "extended sedan", we got a vehicle capable of taking on Minnesota winters. Went all out and got the Freedom Drive II, loaded with every option available. We are amazed by this vehicle and couldn't be happier with it. Never would have considered this vehicle until the Unlimited warranty came out; the peace of mind that it comes with is another solid selling point. We own a Ford truck, Chevy car, and Jeep, and this is the most-capable-for-the-money vehicle that I have ever seen!

Love It's toughness
By H.Nieves on 09/17/07 19:19 PM (PDT)

2007 Jeep Patriot SUV Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Since I have an HHR for the city I needed something that could handle dirt roads. My Patriot is the 4WD trail rated version. Only cost $23,000, tax and license included. I have 2500+ miles and get 25mpg. Handles well in the city although the acceleration is weak. Great for washboard dirt roads which is why I bought it. I can now see desert and mountain sites I have avoided previously. Plenty of room inside for passengers and cargo. Four wheel disc brakes have a firm feel and the steering is precise.

Not a bad little SUV
By Kyle on 09/13/07 12:25 PM (PDT)

2007 Jeep Patriot SUV Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Overall, this Jeep is a great vehicle. It's pretty comfortable, handles well on the road and has several usefull features available. I have been thoroughly pleased with this vehicle and would recommend it to anyone looking to buy a compact SUV. The CVT (transmission) takes some getting used to, but once you get used to it, you'll find it's a nice transmission. The gas mileage is really good, which is nice in this age of high priced gas. I would recommend to anyone who travels or camps a lot, to get the complete roof rack and tow package since cargo space inside is limited. My only major complaint is the head rests on the front seats... not very comfortable. I'm going to replace mine.

After the first week in a Patriot
By Neil Crichton on 09/03/07 23:08 PM (PDT)

2007 Jeep Patriot SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Picked up my new Patriot Limited a week ago, and put on 500 miles (800 km) since. My first impression was very positive. The vehicle performed well on the highway. It's no speed demon, but it can easily pass the slowpokes. It was comfortable and quiet. Found a few things I didn't like, such you can't plug your iPod into the deluxe radio, and the armrests are so hard, they hurt your elbows. Some of the controls were different than on cars I've owned before, and took some getting used to, such as the cruise control. One of my first jobs was to pick up some lumber, and with the seats folded flat (and a tarp protecting the floor, I was easily able to bring home twenty 2x6s. So far I like it.

Love it
By lainee guffey on 09/03/07 11:01 AM (PDT)

2007 Jeep Patriot SUV Sport 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

We love our Patriot...we own 2 other Jeeps (Wrangler and Commache) and although I love my Wrangler i would have to say the Patriot is a very close second. We love the comfort for road trips and the mileage is not bad either. Will always purchase Jeep products in the future for their reliabily (99 Wrangler has 180,000 miles on it and have only had to replace the water pump). The styling on the Patriot gets a lot of good comments from stangers while out. We are totally satisfied with our purchase have recommended the Jeep Patriot to others.

Don't listen to auto writer snobs
By Chris on 08/30/07 14:54 PM (PDT)

2007 Jeep Patriot SUV Sport 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I'm so sick of the 'professional' auto writers who are not able to review an economy car with realistic expectations. We almost wrote off the Patriot thinking the engine had no power. Bought the 5 speed manual with 2.4L and love it. Very comfortable highway ride and 25MPG on the very first tank of gas! Traded my 15MPG Wrangler for this and am so very happy with the trade. Vinyl seats look like leather and clean up easy - what a novel concept huh? I'm 6'1" 250lbs and was completely comfortable for a 240 mile trip yesteday. Super features at a great price. Plenty of zip for getting into traffic too.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.