2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee 5.7L V8 4x4 5-speed Automatic Consumer Review - First Time & Last Time

2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee - Consumer Review

First Time & Last Time Jeep Buyer
By MMK on

2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland 4dr SUV 4WD (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

Look before you leap. If you are in the market for a fun to drive SUV, this jeep offers a smooth ride. However, for the $45k plus, you are better off with choosing a luxury model, so you have something to show for it. While they claim, the seats are leather, they feel and smell like plastic or as some marketing genius dubbed it, leatherette. The backseat is so stiff that you can barely make it around the block without a backache. Same for front seats, no lumbar! Engine revs a lot, between shifting and no one needs to remind you how often you will be handing the gas attendant $50+ to fill er up. I'm stuck in a lease, but the good news, I can just hand the keys over and say so long.

Favorite Features

Satellite radio and headlights. Pretty sad that is the only fav I can report.

Suggested Improvements

Seats are stiff, don't call leatherette leather, cup holders are cheap, no lumbar seats for $45K. Obviously in a hemi, gas mileage is awful, but I swear there is a sieve in the engine that drains the tank at fill up.