2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Grand Cherokee model:
Add new features, don't take away features
By peterb on 04/12/08 09:57 AM (PDT)

2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

Body style is up to date, seems to be less roll on turns than my last 04 model.

A great car!
By tucsonguy2 on 04/12/08 05:10 AM (PDT)

2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

After considering a number of other SUVs, this our 6th new JGC, and it may be the best of the bunch. Quality is perfect so far, the fuel economy is better than the 2005 JGC that was traded-in, and the interior has been upgraded. This is one beautiful Jeep, inside and out, that gets lots of compliments from people we don't even know. It is solid, comfortable, safe, fun to drive, and we love it!

Great Jeep
By kmag53 on 04/10/08 13:28 PM (PDT)

2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

Purchased the GC just a few weeks ago and couldn't be happier. Bought a loaded Laredo with the 4.7 engine. This motor has plenty of power and has decent fuel mileage but not great. Leather interior is very comfortable and all controls are very easy to reach and use. Jeep redesigned the GC interior for 08 and it shows...it looks richer and not so plasticky. Exterior front fascia has been improved also and has a more "clean" look to it. All in all I highly recommend especially with the 4.7 engine.

2008 Jeep GC Laredo
By William Tell on 04/05/08 19:54 PM (PDT)

2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

This is the third Jeep I have owned. They interior is getting smaller and cramped in the back seat. Too many cavities around the shifter/console area. I have a 6 cyl and it is loud when starting off. No under the hood light as on other similar Jeeps I have owned and I get better gas mileage from my 2001 Jeep. The tach display has been moved to the left which is awkward. For a vehicle this expensive I rate it average.

Great Ride/Power
By Tgtbv on 03/19/08 15:58 PM (PDT)

2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland 4dr SUV (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

This is my 3rd JGC, having traded in a 2005 JGC Laredo. Getting into an 08 JGC Overland with the 5.8L Hemi was awesome. The power and acceleration is amazing for an SUV. Gas Mileage so far is about 15 MPG in the city, not too bad for a big engine. Ext. looks are good, and the interior is sharp and refined. Lots of extras with the Nav, Sat. radio, Bluetooth, Back-up camera, etc. I chose this JGC over the Acura MDX because of what you get for the price. Dealer incentives made the JGC more affordable than the MDX. Plus I got the same or more bells and whistles and a vehicle that will leave the MDX,CX9, and RX in my dust. Great Truck!!

Good showing in 2008
By Souliman on 03/10/08 21:29 PM (PDT)

2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

4th Jeep - all Gr Ckees. I've been purchasing Laredo with Rocky Mtn edition - currently equipped with the X-package - perfect for me. Handling is solid as usual. Not as nimble as our Subie Tribeca. Fuel economy is as advertised. Since 05, I'm more confident with the handling. The shift placement of the gears has changed - I'm not certain if for the better or worse. Outside, nice stylings. Inside, huge improvement. Doesn't seem dated anymore as 05 did. Seats are more comfortable. Steering column and seat placement make for good(better) driving posture. We have two Britax in the back and plenty of leg room for driver, passenger and two boys to kick the seats. I'm very satisfied.

My first Jeep
By scottka on 03/06/08 10:22 AM (PST)

2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

This is my first Jeep. I've owned several SUV's and the JCG ranks very favorably with all of them and exceeds most. Although I went with the V6, I am happy with it. I'm getting 20.6 mpg with 80 percent highway driving. My range varies between 340-360 miles per tank. So far I have 2000 miles and expect the mileage to improve a bit. The JGC handles good and seems well put together. The transmission shifts smoothly and haven't heard the "clunk" so far. I think Chrysler has finally got the message about their poor quality reputation.

3rd Jeep
By zoggie on 02/27/08 17:13 PM (PST)

2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

This is my 3rd Jeep. My 1st was a 94 with the 5.2 V8 and my 2nd a 01 with the 4.7 V8. I recently got the Limited with the 5.7 Hemi and Quadra-drive 4X4. Every option available on the car was ordered. I have always been a big Jeep fan, but this new model is much more refined than expected. I compared to "luxury" SUVs, and for the price, there is no comparison. The engine has plenty of pep, and the interior is nicer than the Lexus or Infinity I looked at. I don't care what the reviews say, the Jeep is as big as any "crossover" in terms of interior space, but the build quality is much higher of any SUV I looked at. This is definitely a huge contender against any SUV you look at.

Jeep Grand Cherokee
By Joe M. on 02/21/08 17:56 PM (PST)

2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

The JGC is more than I expected from an American made vehicle. Standard features include all that one would expect from a high priced luxury vehicle. The leather upgrade package and all that it includes was worth the extra money. If you like the bells and whistles, you will love the 2008 Jeep.

Jeep FanI have owned many cas
By JB on 02/20/08 10:38 AM (PST)

2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I have owned many cars including Jeeps. I owned an 04; but decided I would like Navigation etc. I now find it's too complicated for me. Too many hard and soft keys to push which takes eyes off the road. Speedometter has swapped places with Tac and itis way too small. Caught for speeding before 200 miles.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.