Used 2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Jeep Grand-cherokee - Consumer Reviews

2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV

View reviews for a specific Grand Cherokee model:

Best car I have ever owned
By sage69

2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Limited Rwd 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I am the original owner of my Jeep which now has 180,000 miles on it. It is my third Jeep. As an outside salesman I have driven over 1,000,000 miles in the past 30 years. And this is the most durable car I have ever driven. Besides still having the original brake pads with 40% of their life left, the only "repairs" so far have been a water pump, EGR valve and throttle position sensor. The 3 items were done at 170,000 miles. It took 60,000 miles just to break in the motor which uses not a drop of oil between regular oil changes every 5-6,000 miles. My car has every available option and NOT one thing has malfunctioned in 180,000 miles. You just can't go wrong with this car.

Favorite Features

Some of my favorite features are the rain senseing wipers, audio controls on the steering wheel, touch shifter, tow control, adjustable brake peddle, nav system, heated leather seats, blue tooth feature, programable garage door opener, auto dimming headlights, sunroof, and no squeeks anywhere at 180,000 miles.

Suggested Improvements

Provide free updated navigation discs, relocate spare tire.

very poor design
By richardp71

2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Limited Rwd 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

The door handles are built into the whole inside panel, and they are brittle. so we have a 05 limited with the HEMI 5.8L 2 door handle have broken, 3rd on way out. and looking at 700+ per door. 99% of cars have the handle seperate, why the heck they choice this design i dont know, but its poorly done. there was talk they were going to recall this online, but to thi date they havent and refuse to help with this. DO NOT BUY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Suggested Improvements

never make the door handle the most used item on the door part of the whole inside panel thats just crazy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Love my jeep but not again
By sherry

2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Limited Rwd 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I bought my Jeep used only a year old. I had no problems with it till 2008. I had to replace the blend door in it ($763) of course the warranty wouldn't take care of it. Last winter i went to start it and one of the rods popped off. (WOW) and again the warranty didn't pay. Now this year right before summer, AGAIN, the blend door breaks again, another ($763). My transmission will slip once in awhile so I'm sure that will be next. I have never had a car with this many BIG problems in such a short time. My gosh its only 5 years old.

Favorite Features

The look of it. Very comfortable.

Suggested Improvements

No more cheap plastic parts.

Never Again
By Donna

2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Limited Rwd 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Bought this car new 3/2005 12/2005-new mother board-under warranty 11/2006 esm assembly replacement, under warranty 7/2007, new key needed/failed $271.00 8/2007, multiple cylinder failure under warranty 6/2008 new battery $198.00 11/2008- replace electronic shift module $664.00 7/2009-replace turn signal assembly- $200.00 11/2009-failed emissions tcm $599.00 6/11/2010- replace a/c compressor & accummulator-$892.00 7/2010-engine failure light is on and going to dealer tom. Can you smell lemon? Knowing I will never, ever buy another Jeep or Chrysler product ever ever again. Pricelesssssssssss!

Suggested Improvements

A vehicle that works?

?
By LoveMyJeepie

2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Limited Rwd 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Don't get me wrong, I absolutely adore my Jeep. I love how it drives, looks, and all the features. It has been my favorite car so far, BUT it has SO many problems!! The sunroof leaks, the dust cover around the shifter broke, windshield washer fluid squirter broke off, the button to open the back hatch glass broke, and it sounds like the transmission is having problems!! for only being 4 years old I had assumed i bought a lemon! Also it seems that there is hardly any room in the back seat.

Favorite Features

Heated seats, rain sensing wipers, auto brights, Uconnect.

Suggested Improvements

the backseat needs more room! make them adjustable or move them back.