Used 2003 Jeep Grand Cherokee Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Jeep Grand Cherokee - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Grand Cherokee model:

2003 Jeep or Heap?
By GRUNE

2003 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo Rwd 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)

When I first bought the Jeep I loved it. Fun to drive, looks great. Now it has become a hazard and fear to drive. It loves to just quit for no reason. I could be on the highway going 60 MPH and it just quits! Then trying to steer off the hwy with no power steering is always fun. It also likes to buck, or just shut off when slowing down for traffic lights or turns. I now hate driving it. I have taken it to several mechanics and they use the computer to read the codes and all it tells them is "Vapor Locks" None of them can fix it. They all tell me to get rid of it. I can't because I still owe to much. So I will drive it til the wheels fall off or it kills me.

Used to be its looks and the fact I can haul 8 bales of hay or 16 bags of feed. Without getting wet!

Build something more reliable to last until the buyer pays it off!

Never Again...
By Dissapointed

2003 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)

This was the first vehicle I bought brand new. If I have ever had a vehicle nickel and dime me, it would be this one. Little things that aren't covered by the warranty. It started about 20K miles, with the brakes, and went downhill from there, rear axle, power steering, an electric window broke (in the winter), and CD player to name a few. If you don't mind the little fixes, go ahead and buy one. If you want a vehicle to stand by their warranty and is proud of their name. Don't go with any Chrysler. I love to drive this car, but I can't stand the "issues". I have never EVER put as much money into all of my cars combine, as I have put into this one.

4WD is good for hunting other than that I have a hard time complementing this vehicle.

Where to start? Take lessons from foreign vehicles.

Jeeps are the most reliable vehicles
By Janna

2003 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo Rwd 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)

I have had my 2003 Laredo for 7 months and would not trade it for anything. When I got it, I had to replace the main cylinder valve which cost $200. A couple of months ago the window motor and regulator went out and had to be replaced. It was very easy to replace and took less than 15 minutes. To replace it cost $100. I don't understand why so many people do not like their Jeep. Yes some things aren't perfect on them but that is expected out of every vehicle. They are very safe and reliable. I've saw jeeps that have been flipped 6 times and driven home or some that have been hit going 75 mph into an embankment and still driven home. I will not drive anything other than a Jeep.

The seats are comfortable, the radio is easy to work with, the controls on the steering wheel are easy to use while driving, everything is good.

nothing can be improved!

This Is A Great SUV When You Compare
By r461

2003 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)

This is my 3rd Jeep Grand Cherokee. It does exactly what an SUV is supposed to do with lots of room and easy handling. I drove the competitor's and this is hands down the best value for the money.

Roominess, steering wheel controls for sound system, easy to manage/maintain.

I've had the same rotor issues as everyone else and had them replaced. This year model was the most "buggy" of all the others I've owned, not sure what happened to Jeep quality over the years, but I can say that-- even given a few minor repair issues -- this is a great vehicle.

2003 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo
By Y

2003 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)

We bought this car used with 24k and it had no problems whatsoever, but after the 15 day return of the vehicle we have had nothing but trouble ever since. It has been to the dealer more than 3 times. It shakes really bad when you drive it and the air will not work unless it is on lo of you put it any higher the car will break down. The check engine light is constantly on and has been reset. We have owned a jeep before and just had a few problems with it but I would not recommend any type of jeep to anyone. With all the money we have spent on parts it should work just fine even though it has 80,000 on it. Every time it goes to the dealer there is always something with it. So don't buy one.

The cloth very comfortable unlike the cloth in the Chevys.

Automatic headlights should be standard on all of the jeeps and fog lights might be a good idea. You might also think about putting led tail lights in because they are always going out. It might be a good idea to make the suv a little roomier. Another suggestion, put air vents in the back row.