Used 2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee Consumer Reviews - 188 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee - Consumer Reviews

2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee

View reviews for a specific Grand Cherokee model:

It's not hard to say goodbye
By jlanding

2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)

Had this Jeep since I was 16 years old. Sold it a few weeks ago with 157,000 miles. This is a love/hate relationship. I loved the interior, exterior, and handling of this vehicle. I had just about everything except steering wheel replaced on this car. Brakes were constantly an issue. Transmission went out at 100,000. Belt tensioner, thermostat, sway bar, alternator, vacuum tubing, oil pressure gague, hood shocks, hubs, driver and passenger side windows all went out and had to have it all replaced. The center console malfunctioned several times and thankfully was all covered under warranty. It took 4 trips to the dealer to get this fixed. I wished it was reliable. Never again!

The exterior of the car looked great. The interior was comfortable and roomy.

I honestly believe Chrysler makes the crappiest most unreliable vehicles on the planet. If they could get there stuff together, they might find they could make a good car. As it is, they would rather be bailed out. They have lost a customer for life. I will never buy another Chrysler again!

2001 Bought new. Good luck so far.
By shepherds2

2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)

Our second Jeep. This limited v8 model is a keeper even though there have been the usual Jeep failings 1) brake calipers (which after the third time Jeep replaced on a recall with some super slotted disks for free. No problems since then). 2) hood struts ($300 to replace so still broken. We never have occasion to go under the hood anyway). 3) seat heater. 4) heater box mechanism. All in all very few repairs for 147,000 and nine years use. We are very pleased with this vehicle

Exterior fit and finish quality is very high. This jeep looks like it Just came off the showroom floor. People swear this jeep is years newer than it actually is. Radio/ sound system is excellent. Very difficult to get stuck in Foot and a half snow drifts. Quad trac system is awesome. V8 powerful.

Leather seats uncomfortable on long trips. Why they can't make a hood strut last longer than 3 years is beyond me. Wouldn't replace on warranty either. Very few minor complaints about this vehicle and we would by another Jeep if Chrysler would guaranty it to run as good as this one.

Excellent Vehicle
By bladosaan

2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)

Changed battery, brakes and tires. This vehicle has been very solid car all around. Great in snow. Could get better fuel economy. Tows my 4500# trailer with straight six.

4X4 chomps through snow, best I've driven in snow

fuel economy, interior styling

Good overall experience
By jim98vette

2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)

I've owned this Jeep for about 5 years now and have put about 40,000 miles on it. Total mileage now 110,000. Total upkeep expenses approx $4500 including batteries twice. I think $75 a month upkeep is not bad considering all. The strong points with my Jeep are the Engine and Drive Train. Weak points electronics. I can attribute even the electronics problems to wear and tear though.

Design, High quality paint job, strong V8 engine and drive train. I have the factory towing package.

No sure what to say here. If kept up the Laredo will do you a fine job in my opinion.

I speak the Truth
By SYFY

2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)

I like the size and the power of the truck. I do like the body style of this year truck also.

This truck does have a lot of fun toys they 10 disc player. I like the comfort of the seats. Also it does have a lot of bells and whistles fun to drive

The back seats could use more space.Once things start falling apart it is costly to repair.