basically a nice car but some maddening quirks
By flyingfish3 on
2014 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 9A)
First, I have the Trailhawk with the Pentastar V6--this site won't let me enter that model--not the 4 cylinder. I like the car so far; it drives and handles well, I get up to 30 mpg on the highway (but much less than 20 mpg in the city), the visibility is fine, and the safety features are fine. It seems very capable offroad, but I dislike that you can only choose among different 4WD programs instead of choosing how you want the 4WDto work myself. But it has some weird quirks that are really irritating, and the lack of cargo space--a victim of its exterior design--is a bit bothersome.
Favorite Features
Fuel efficiency, comfortable ride, Uconnect 8.4N with a very nice nav system (but...see below), pleasing interior design, available displays (e.g., fuel economy, tire pressures, others), styling, handling, competence offroad.
Suggested Improvements
"Map" pockets in front doors that have an obstruction in them so you can't put maps in there (what twisted sicko of an engineer came up with that one??), cupholders too small, cargo space skimpy, can't turn the radio off(you can only turn the volume down), can only choose among 4WD programs (e.g., mud, snow, rock, etc) and not control is directly, nav system doesn't display vehicle speed in normal view, lack of crossbars for roofrack so one has to buy aftermarket bars that just aren't as good as OEM crossbars on my previous Jeeps.