2014 Jeep Cherokee Consumer Review: basically a nice car but some

2014 Jeep Cherokee - Consumer Review

Trailhawk 4dr SUV (2.4L 4-cyl. 4x4 9-speed Automatic)

basically a nice car but some maddening quirks
By flyingfish3 on

2014 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 9A)

First, I have the Trailhawk with the Pentastar V6--this site won't let me enter that model--not the 4 cylinder.
I like the car so far; it drives and handles well, I get up to 30 mpg on the highway (but much less than 20 mpg in the city), the visibility is fine except for the very thick front window posts, and the safety features are fine. The backup camera has the best implementation of any backup camera I have seen.

It seems very capable offroad, but I dislike that you can only choose among different 4WD programs instead of choosing how you want the 4WD to work myself.
But it has some weird quirks that are really irritating, and the lack of cargo space--a victim of its exterior design--is a bit bothersome. The ground clearance is inadequate but it's competitors are worse--or at least not better.

Now i've owned the vehicle for 20 months or so and still like it a lot but all the quirks mentioned above do bother me a bit. Also the emergency flasher button is placed so that whenever you use the UConnect touch screen you accidentally activate it. And to open the gas cap you have to open the door and get out of the car to see and press the button. But still I am pleased with the vehicle and enjoy driving it.

• Rain snow traction
  • Climate control
  • Entertainment
  • Usb ports
  • Fuel economy

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review