2010 Infiniti G37 Coupe Consumer Review: 2nd G37 coupe in 2 years

2010 Infiniti G37 Coupe - Consumer Review

Journey Coupe (3.7L V6 7-speed Automatic)

2nd G37 coupe in 2 years
By Kat on

2010 Infiniti G37 Coupe Journey 2dr Coupe (3.7L 6cyl 7A)

I traded in my 2009 G37X coupe as I was displeased with its performance (no sport package). The S coupe has improved performance but I'm puzzled over the persistent surge in rpm during braking. My guess is that it is the rev matching (failure in system level testing to evaluate this situation or code for it), but it has led to some unsettling moments while stopping or while slowing down on steep mountain roads with curves. Overall I'm pleased - walked away from purchasing a 335is that I loved due to the value for the dollar of the G. Nothing else in the price range appealed to me.

Engine, high content in the options package for the dollar, beautiful interior, fantastic sports seats, excellent and easy to operate electronics (see that BMW?), stands out in a crowd, fun to drive but low insurance rates

Fix the braking surge! Hated the clutch on the manual, improve aerodynamics - car gets loose in crosswinds - suggest lowering the car a bit, improve handling in fast transitions - stability control shouldn't be the prevention for snap oversteer. Also needs oil cooler option!!