2009 Infiniti FX35 SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific FX35 model:
Look forward to driving!
By Steve on 01/31/10 07:19 AM (PST)

2009 Infiniti FX35 SUV 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

I came out of a Range Rover Sport Supercharged. The RRS was in the shop constantly. I purchased the FX35 for it's reliability and I wanted as much of the RRS handling and size as I could get. The FX didn't infatuate me, I just needed out of the RRS. I am now in love with this vehicle. Handling is not quite to the level of the RRS, but the "fun to drive" factor/cost goes to the FX35. The shifting issues are mostly resolved with premium fuel. My fuel economy of highway/city mix is a steady 19MPG! I feel this is good for any vehicle with this speed/performance/AWD. I look forward to my drive everyday! The FX35 is just easy to love. No dealer visits to date (7000 miles).

New FX35
By JAH on 01/27/10 14:54 PM (PST)

2009 Infiniti FX35 SUV 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

Purchased the 2009 in January 2010. Have put about 2,000 miles on it to date. Car is unique looking, powerful, great handling (for an SUV/Crossover). So far no issues/complaints. My first SUV - and coming from a M-B E430 4Matic - I am very pleased. My choices got down to Porshce Cayenne, Audi Q5 and Infiniti FX35. The Infiniti won based on performance, comfort, great interior, and price. Both Consumer Reports and J.D. Powers have commented favorably on reliability for Infinitis

TERRIBLE TRANSMISSION
By Rick on 12/27/09 16:31 PM (PST)

2009 Infiniti FX35 SUV 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

The 7 speed transmission is a disaster. I took it back but they said the software upgrade was done. It shifts up to 7th gear by 40 mph so if you come to a hill you have to take it down 2 speeds otherwise it struggles. Constantly shifting and the tranny brakes the car when you take your foot off the gas. IT RUINS THE WHOLE EXPERIENCE OF THE CAR...VERY DISAPPOINTING. I'M READY TO GET RID OF IT ALREADY ...HAD IT 3 MONTHS. I got the Premium and Deluxe wheel package...both worth it and very nice. Seats are hard. Bluetooth is nice. Wood trim is beautiful. Design is cool. Have to take tourneau cover out to get groceries in.

Great car!
By David on 12/23/09 06:30 AM (PST)

2009 Infiniti FX35 SUV 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

Wonderful ride! Extremely comfortable, and fun to drive. Traded in BMW X5 with no regrets. I love it's unique looks, and over the top features.

Good not Great
By its good on 12/01/09 10:14 AM (PST)

2009 Infiniti FX35 SUV 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

My Wife and I have had the FX for just over a Year and for the most part it has been a Great car except for a few things. 1. It shifts way too slow when you need it. Really almost 2 sec pass, the rpm jumps and then it moves. 2. Air seems to find its way in to the Gas tank causing a lack of seal, sets off "check engine" light. 3. The heated seats start tricking up, they work, they don't, then they do again... go figure.

Shame to Infiniti
By Infinityfan on 11/30/09 13:59 PM (PST)

2009 Infiniti FX35 SUV 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

This is my second Inf after '04 FX, which I really enjoyed. I got the new 2009 FX35. I have never been so unhappy with a vehicle's performance and fuel economy. My old one was showing about 13-14 mpg mostly city drive and new "IMPROVED" shows the same, driving experience horrible, unless I drive about 70-80mph. In slow traffic the shifting is all over the place sometimes it feels like someone bumps you behind. Also maybe because car is to heavy or because of transm issues, when my car starts driving it feels like it's choking on fuel. I took car already a few times to dealer who claims that he did some re-programming, but so far I do not see any changes and think it will be my last Infiniti.

Love it even more!
By Trey on 11/11/09 06:02 AM (PST)

2009 Infiniti FX35 SUV 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

Favorite car I have ever owned. Features galore, fun to drive, eye catching, and great build quality. This is a "sports" SUV. If you need a hauler you may want to keep looking. If you want more sports than utility then this is it!

Wonderful Vehicle
By Dave on 10/31/09 07:15 AM (PDT)

2009 Infiniti FX35 SUV 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

Let's start this out by saying I have massively enjoyed this car for almost a year now. I traded in my 05 FX35 that I loved, and fell in love all over again. What a fun to drive, eye catching, high tech, sporty vehicle with utility available. Infiniti nailed this one. I really enjoyed the last FX I had, but this improved on what was already a masterpiece! The gas mileage is about the same (but this time I have the AWD), and the rear visibility is still pretty poor. Other then that everything else has improved!

Wonderful Car!
By Infiniac! on 10/26/09 03:37 AM (PDT)

2009 Infiniti FX35 SUV 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

This car is amazing! From the gas mileage (for an SUV) to the tech options, this vehicle has it going on. It's a pleasure to drive, and a great option for someone who wants a sports car with utility.

WHAT A RIDE!!! 2009 FX 35 AWD
By LA Bauer on 10/20/09 17:54 PM (PDT)

2009 Infiniti FX35 SUV 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

I love this car. It has the speed when you need it, with the look and feel of a luxury sports car. I traded in my Lexus RX 330 with no regrets. The interior is lovely with many features. I just wish that the rear offered better visibility. You really need to be careful when making a lane change. I rely a lot on my mirrors and must turn my head to look before I change lanes. Wicked blind spot. I also wish that they had a self closing rear hatch. Otherwise, love this car and very happy with the purchase. I will let you know how the AWD does when snow flies. I live in Alaska, so that should be soon!

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Infiniti FX35 Suv in VA is:

$100 per month*