Used 2011 Hyundai Sonata Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Hyundai Sonata - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sonata model:

Great car until 100K mile, now very disappointed
By John

2011 Hyundai Sonata SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

All schedule maintenance had been done on my car and despite that. Right after my 100K warranty ran out in year number 3! 1. Starter failed at 105K miles 2. Engine replaced at 135K miles after usual hwy trip the engine light flickered went off and then followed by engine noise *(knocking or ping). Other than that great car. I thought this car would have been as reliable as my 2001 Hynadia Elantra which is still running with 207K mile on it.

2011 SONATA GLS 88K MILES EMVINE SEIZED
By Melissa

2011 Hyundai Sonata GLS 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

Besides the countless amount of recalls. Two weeks ago driving in the highway the car engine seized no warning signs at all. Thank goodness i was able to get the car off to the side w 2 children in the car. The warranty doesn't cover it because I'm the 2nd owner. Which is frustrating bc the internet is full of the same compliant. Damn even the mechanic said it was the 4th one he seen in a month same issue. Obviously its a defect Hyundai should stand up and help their customers. Car is sitting at dealers and I still owe 2 more years

Chronic Engine Seizures
By Alex Kennedy

2011 Hyundai Sonata Limited PZEV 4dr Sedan w/Wine Interior (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

All you need to type into Google is 2011 or 2012 Hyundai Sonata engine seizure and see all the complaints and class action lawsuits! DO NOT BUY THIS CAR or you will be sorry.

Crappy, Crappy Car
By Ron

2011 Hyundai Sonata SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Hyundai makes absolute junk! I have a 2011 Sonata where the engine completely failed at 61,000 miles with ZERO warning. A quick Google search let me know I wasn't the only sucker that got stuck with one of the worst engines since the Internal Combustion engine was developed. Let the Buyer beware! Buy this heap at your own risk. You will regret it. I hope the company goes bankrupt.

Absolutely love this car
By hyundaiowner5

2011 Hyundai Sonata Limited PZEV 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I can't say enough about this car. It has the style I want in a limited edition and the class I expect. I have 45,000 miles on it now and haven't had a single problem. It drives so smoothly and is quiet even on the interstate. I wish the newer models were as sharp looking as this and I would definitely trade it in. My car payment is worth every penny on this vehicle.

Handling

Radio freezes on XM, remove eco functions