Used 2011 Hyundai Sonata Consumer Reviews - 589 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Hyundai Sonata - Consumer Reviews

2011 Hyundai Sonata

View reviews for a specific Sonata model:

it's not a lexus
By melvyn Shindler

2011 Hyundai Sonata SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

It's an excellent value for the money. The body style is the thing that first called my attention to this car. I have noted that, over the past 5 years, so many other makes, foreign and domestic, have copied all or parts of the body style. The engine has been extremely reliable as have the braking system. There were some front end suspension problems which have been corrected under my warranty. Warranty is excellent.

Great Car, too bad there have been so many recalls
By Mary

2011 Hyundai Sonata Limited 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I bought this car 1 month ago with about 85,000 on it for $11,999. I love how it feels and the acceleration and braking are exceptional. I bought one with Black Interior/Exterior color. It has a very sharp look and it definitely makes you look twice. The black Exterior is metallic and sparkles. I do notice a fair amount of light scratches in the paint but it is only noticeable if you are looking very closely at it. I like the heated seats and the Satelite radio. The stereo system is okay, have heard better thou. There is a considerable amount of rattling noise from the passenger door and the passenger seat has more vibration from the road then it should. I have to re-adjust the seat to stop it from rattlein. I live where the roads are rough and the car's suspension does not ride well on them. I'm going to replace the tires with ones that are not high performance. I hope that will soften the ride. My car has had 8 recalls and the last one was in April and has yet to be repaired by the dealer. They are waiting from Hyundai on instructions on what to replace. It is the STEERING:ELECTRIC POWER ASSIST SYSTEM recall. The power assist could fail without warning and make it hard to steer the car. If you buy one of these cars make sure all recalls have been taken care of. Which one should do with any car they buy but exceptionally the Sonata. My car is one of the cars that was assembled in Alabamba. A large number of engines have metallic metal shavings in the engine that can cause it to seize up. I had mine checked and they say it is not affected but still warranty the engine up to 125,000 miles or 10 years. I love this car but do wish I would have checked for the recalls before I bought it.

anwsome car
By Daniel L. Moreno

2011 Hyundai Sonata GLS 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

Great vehicle has all the comforts for me. Roomy fast great looking chose it over Honda Accord.

Well then
By Kris

2011 Hyundai Sonata Limited 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Warning to all those thinking about purchasing a Hyundai Sonata 2011, there have been a large number of recalls because once you hit 85,000 miles+ the engine will fail. I just had it happen to mine. They never sent me a recall report on anything except the break lights. They informed me they are not sure of how long it will take to repair it since they're not making the engines fast enough. Thankfully, since it was a recall, the Hyundai dealer is paying for the repairs which can cost up to $6,000. They are amazing cars, but the engine failure was a huge disappointment.

Good-looking, comfy road car
By Dian Norby

2011 Hyundai Sonata GLS 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

Other than a bit too much road noise, doors that are heavy and seem hard to keep open to exit, this has been a great road car: very dependable, comfortable on long trips, holds LOTS of luggage (I moved my elderly mother from her home in the country to an apartment in town and couldn't believe how much I could get in this car with the seat backs down in back), good speakers, handy front-seat storage, and enough power to go over the mountains, yet maintain a decent mileage.