Disappointing
By attaymik37 on
2012 Hyundai Genesis Coupe 2.0T 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5A)
I bought a 2.0T Coupe in October, drove it for over a month and traded it in (I leased) for a Veloster, which suits me better. I thought I was ready for a sports car but the ride, comfort and fuel economy were not at all what I expected. I purchased in Red and it was a beautiful car but not for me. The ride was harsh, there was an annoying buzz on the passenger side, the seats were not comfortable, it aggravated my carpal tunnel and I had to wear my wrist brace just to drive without pain. I also own a Volkswagen CC and the steering, handling and cornering are heads above the Coupe. I wanted to like it but back it went. A disappointment for me.
Favorite Features
Beautiful car, beautiful lines, and fast for a 2.0T. I could rumble with the big boys.
Suggested Improvements
Better ride quality, better fuel economy. I filled up the tank on Tuesday and it was at half a tank by Thursday and I'm not a lead foot (having a red car is a deterrent to speeding). I had the base model so maybe upgrading to a premium, touring or R-Spec may have yielded a different outcome but I was not impressed.