Power steering failure!!!
By missmel89 on
2012 Hyundai Accent GLS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 6A)
This car is NOT what I thought it was. I fell in love with it when I first got back in August. Then two days ago, while I was making a sharp turn, the wheel suddenly became extremely heavy and tight to turn as if there was no assist. I had to use all my strength and accelerate in order to make my turns safely! After 10 minutes the steering softened up again. However, yesterday as I was making a u-turn it happened once again! My car is currently at the dealer and I should be hearing from them tomorrow. I am hoping they find something wrong because this is NOT NORMAL OR SAFE! This is not the first complaint about the power steering either, meaning there must be more out there!
By gabrielr1
on 11/10/11 22:37 PM (PST)

How much did you pay for it?

By missmel89
on 11/13/11 10:39 AM (PST)

17,700 after taxes... Which now seems too pricey, considering I'm having all of these problems regarding a Steering recall! I don't think I'll be buying from Hyundai again in the future.

By katybillie
on 08/19/12 15:13 PM (PDT)

I have the same issue with mine and it is still not fixed they do not believe anything is wrong with the car and also the tires that are on there suck. this will be my 3rd new tire since buying the car in July of last year. I agree with you that I will never own a Hyundai again