2008 Honda Pilot Value Package Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Honda Pilot - Consumer Reviews

2008 Pilot Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Pilot model:

Sort Reviews by

Pilot
By rucool

2008 Honda Pilot Value Package 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Bought new has been a GREAT car. I love the panoramic visibility from all directions. We are at 40000 miles and still have original tires with good tread left. My only complaint like other post is the fabric used on the seats, I expected more from Honda. The fabric on my civic which is twice as old looks better. That being said it is a great family hauler for those not wanting to drive a mini van. We plan on keeping it for a long time. I would buy again.

Little things bug me
By dukmadgin

2008 Honda Pilot Value Package 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We got this a few years old for the safety factor. The mileage is not great, but it is a big heavy (hopefully safe) vehicle. The cloth seats are TERRIBLE!! They stain with just water on them and NOTHING cleans them. The idle has a vibration sound that just about hurts my head at stop signs, and if you open a rear window on the freeway, it WILL hurt your ears. It is just okay in my book

Favorite Features

Size, visability

Suggested Improvements

Better quality cloth seats (Leather too hot here where we live), fix the sound from the rear windows being open. Slight rattling somewhere way in the back.

Upholstery the WORST ever
By erin16

2008 Honda Pilot Value Package 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We have the 2008 Honda Pilot with fabric seats. This upholstery is hideous. There is no way to keep it clean and/or stain free and EVERYTHING (even water) causes stains that are next to impossible to remove--even by a professional. We are so disappointed by Honda. We love the car, but each time we get in and have to sit on and look at this nasty upholstery, the loves lessens a bit.

Suggested Improvements

Different upholstery fabric.

2008 Honda Pilot VP 2WD
By ernieD

2008 Honda Pilot Value Package 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I feel I got a great trade in price on my 2003 Chevy Trailblazer (many elec issues on Trailblazer) and a great drive out price on my new Honda Pilot VP. It's been a very nice and solid SUV. Ive owned 5 SUVs. True about the wind noise with only one window or only rear windows open. I usually just crack a 3rd window to prevent this noise. The 2009 new design addressed the tight drivers side armrest issue a bit. Still could use more drivers side comfort area. The Pilot has been very reliable, comfortable, great rear cargo area. Wish there was a option for NO 3rd row seat. I never use it. At 38,000 miles I have a rather serious engine warning light on. Manual says might be emissions issue

Favorite Features

Roomy rear cargo area. I'm a bass player and carry large cabs/amps in the rear area and fold down 2nd row seats offer even more area when I need it. Comfortable drive on long trips.

Suggested Improvements

Still could use more space in drivers side area. The 2009 is better but still tight as I feel, driver needs to be most comfortable. No 3rd row seat option, I never use it. Just more weight to carry around.

First SUV
By maine1963

2008 Honda Pilot Value Package 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We researched and researched some more as we were looking to upgrade from our 2001 Kia Sportage to a family car that had significantly more room and Safety factors. We were also looking for a SUV that already had a track record for Reliability. Everywhere we turned - the Honda Pilot kept popping up in our internet searches. I am not one that enjoys going to the dealership so I found one online at a price I liked! It is a 2008 Honda Pilot 4WD VP model. Wanted to buy new but the prices are too steep. SO I bought it sight unseen through the internet through a dealer that does Home Delivery! We fell in love with all of the features and could not be happier! Will keep this forever!

Favorite Features

All time traction control, 8 passenger, safety with side air bags!

Suggested Improvements

None

Honda is Still Going Strong!
By Sheryl Lewis

2008 Honda Pilot Value Package 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I had shopped around for an SUV for six months. First, I looked at the 2008 Toyota Highlander and test drive it. Second, I checked out the 2008 Honda Pilot and test drive it. I was very pleased with the Value Package and the way the 2008 Honda Pilot handles the road. It is very smooth and quiet ride. I have always owned an Ford vehicle. My last vehicle was an 1998 Ford Explorer. There were several recalls with the tires, etc. However,I love my Ford. I am happy with my 2008 Pilot. I would recommend an Honda Pilot. It is an great SUV for your money. It holds value, and cost less on repairs. I wish it would offer 100,000 miles on extended warranty. Try it and you will love it.

Favorite Features

Gas mileage with the Econ. Heated seats, rear air condition, and moonroof.

Suggested Improvements

No Comments

The Educated Consumer's SUV!
By Educated Consumer

2008 Honda Pilot Value Package 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

My wife and our two kids stepped up from a 4cyl 07' accord to the 08' Pilot expecting more kids soon. So the space was perfect. We got out of our lease with 1 1/2 years left on the lease and still got a really great price! The Honda Staff was very accommodating as with our first lease. The truck has great handling for a seasoned driver. And the power is there when I need it. Living in Brooklyn with a family means I need great gas mileage, the ability to modify the seating arrangements with room to spare for a quick trip for groceries, and a great sound system! I love my truck and could not imagine driving any other!

Favorite Features

Love the 4WD, overall design cues (head/tail lights), I actually like the VP 16'rims more than the EXL rims. All of the power, safety, reliability, none of the frills.

Suggested Improvements

Third row (right side)seat belt buckle vibrates against the armrest molding when the seats are folded down and the music is blaring! but other than that...error free

Love it!
By 5th_Honda

2008 Honda Pilot Value Package 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I traded in a 2006 Accord SE for a 2008 Pilot VP. I got a great deal because SUVs are no longer in high demand and the new body style was due out the following week. I only use about 2-3 gallons more per week than I was using in the Accord, so a few extra bucks in gas is well worth the extra room for my kids (car seats, stroller, sports gear, etc). It was actually cheaper than my Accord and my insurance has decreased. Go figure.

Pilot w/Piston Slap
By Pilot w/Piston Slap

2008 Honda Pilot Value Package 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I got a great deal on the Pilot and thought this was going to be a great new car. After purchase I noticed a noise when it shifted gears when cold. Two dealers said it was piston slap and all Honda had it. Funny it didn't make it when just revving the engine.

Favorite Features

I like the looks and layout. It was very comfortable on a trip.

Suggested Improvements

Define and fix the drive line problem

Honda Pilot First Impressions
By Carabel

2008 Honda Pilot Value Package 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Safety and reliability is what made me look at the Pilot to replace a Toyota minivan. For the value of the current incentives, it is too good to pass up. It is a great choice for a family vehicle. The interior is logical and the exterior, well, it's a traditional SUV look. I like the Pilot but I wouldn't label it as a stand out. I do recommend it for its practical purpose and Honda's good safety name. I also feel that Honda treats their customers better.

Favorite Features

Spacious, traditional clean design, adequate or better road handling than most SUV's in the V6 class. VCM feature, and standard safety features.

Suggested Improvements

Strengthen its safety record with better tires, standard rear view camera - make this a standard safety feature rather than a nice to have option, standard automatic headlight feature rather than making those optional. Would like to see better MPG.