Used 2008 Honda Pilot Value Package Consumer Reviews - 16 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Honda Pilot - Consumer Reviews

2008 Honda Pilot

View reviews for a specific Pilot model:

2008 Honda Pilot - Expensive vehicle to maintain
By Donna H

2008 Honda Pilot Value Package 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased the 2008 Honda Pilot new in Feb 2008. The driving noise is ridiculous as others have mentioned. Only get between 25000 to 30000 miles out of any type of tire. Car now has 150,000 miles on it and it has been maintained by Honda precisely as recommended. Spent over $3000 for large maintenance items in 2014 and now looking at over $4000 in repairs including stuts, bushings, rear main seal, main bearings and engine fan motor. Have had motor mounts repaired at least 3 times and have paid for
several intermediate inspections (one in Dec 2015 & one in Jan 2016 because of excessive tire wear) that revealed nothing wrong with struts or bushing and now two months later they both need to be replaced and have ruined another set of tires. Hmmm...maybe it's the dealer's technicians at Clear Lake Honda in Houston? I have never had so many things go wrong on a car.

Lots to love about a Pilot
By Walkn1

2008 Honda Pilot Value Package 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I've owned respectively a Rambler, a Honda Civic, a VW Golf, a Prius, Smart Car, Toyota Yaris and NoW the grand mamoo of all ----the Honda Pilot. What a joy! I feel like a princess and a cowgirl. My dreams of comfort, safety, reliability, and handling have all been met. Probably won't need a husband again! And there's an eco-button which averages around 33 mpg. Does it get better for me than that? Get in and get up up and away. I took a road trip within 2 months of buying it used.

Pilot
By rucool

2008 Honda Pilot Value Package 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Bought new has been a GREAT car.
I love the panoramic visibility from all directions.
We are at 40000 miles and still have original tires with good tread left.
My only complaint like other post is the fabric used on the seats, I expected more from Honda.
The fabric on my civic which is twice as old looks better.
That being said it is a great family hauler for those not wanting to drive a mini van.
We plan on keeping it for a long time.
I would buy again.

Little things bug me
By dukmadgin

2008 Honda Pilot Value Package 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We got this a few years old for the safety factor.
The mileage is not great, but it is a big heavy (hopefully safe) vehicle.
The cloth seats are TERRIBLE!!
They stain with just water on them and NOTHING cleans them.
The idle has a vibration sound that just about hurts my head at stop signs, and if you open a rear window on the freeway, it WILL hurt your ears.
It is just okay in my book

Size, visability

Better quality cloth seats (Leather too hot here where we live), fix the sound from the rear windows being open. Slight rattling somewhere way in the back.

Upholstery the WORST ever
By erin16

2008 Honda Pilot Value Package 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We have the 2008 Honda Pilot with fabric seats. This upholstery is hideous. There is no way to keep it clean and/or stain free and EVERYTHING (even water) causes stains that are next to impossible to remove--even by a professional. We are so disappointed by Honda. We love the car, but each time we get in and have to sit on and look at this nasty upholstery, the loves lessens a bit.

Different upholstery fabric.